A new job slot is available at Winrock. They are looking my to hire someone to will full time and regular as a Driver. The incumbent will report to the Finance & Administration (F&A) Officer. This is a local/national position and is not eligible for international allowances.
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. Winrock is implementing the Making Advances to Eliminate Child Labor in More Areas with Sustainable Integrated Efforts (MATE MASIE) project. The project is funded by the United States Department of Labor (USDOL) and will strengthen capacity, connections, and accountability across child labor enforcement and monitoring within cocoa cooperatives in Ghana and will build the capacity of cooperatives to support vulnerable member households directly and by linking their members with other service providers.
The role holder will be responsible for providing project-related transportation for Winrock staff and visitors using the project vehicle. The anticipated duration of the position is approximately one year.
- Transport staff outside of Kumasi for field visits
- Transport office and project-related items/equipment as needed
- Meet visitors and staff at airport and assist with airport check-in and check-out as needed
- Conduct daily vehicle basic maintenance (i.e. checking wheel nuts, cleaning, greasing, battery terminals, etc.)
- Run office errands as assigned by F&A Officer or Project Director
- Maintain use of vehicle logbook at all times, recording information on each journey, including daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, etc.
- Report to the F&A Officer about vehicle conditions and maintain a schedule for vehicle service
- Always adhere to Winrock’s vehicle policy and government vehicle regulations and maintain accident reports, first aid kits, fire extinguisher, etc.
- Report any traffic violations to F&A Officer
- Drive responsibly, defensively, and reasonably at safe speeds and drive courteously and with due respect for the safety of other vehicles and pedestrians
- Ensure that all passengers use seat belts at all times
- Carry driver’s license or other legally required documents when operating vehicle
- Assist with photocopying, filing, and other office administrative tasks as needed
- Support the HR & Admin Assistant in collecting quotes from vendors, especially those visiting Kumasi township
- Assist with obtaining quotes for and procurement of spare parts for vehicle
- Manage stocks of vehicle supplies and parts; maintain parts inventory
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five years of experience
- O`Level, Secondary School or Tertiary certificates or equivalent
- Clean, valid driver’s license
- Local government certificate of a vision test
- Basic mechanic skills
Computer knowledge (MS Word/Excel)
- Experience working with international donor-funded projects
Location: Kumasi, Ghana
Mode Of Application For Winrock International’s Slot
Interested persons should email their CVs and cover letters referencing MATE MASIE Driver to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: September 8, 2023.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED