An End-User Support (Systems Analyst) is needed at University of Ghana Computing Systems. Working at the Information Technology Planning and Support Unit, you will be reporting to Deputy Chief Information Technology Officer (IT Planning, Security and Support).
- To provide University-wide support, with respect to Information Technology initiatives, engagement, and regular updates to the user community for knowledge sharing for the achievement of the objectives of the University.
- The End User Support ([IEUS) Systems Analyst reports to Deputy CITO (IT Planning Security and Support) and is responsible for providing help desk support and IT professional services across the UG community. He will be responsible for all the IT officers at the distant learning centres and ensures the Hardware and Maintenance unit as well as the Student Labs are managed according to best practices in universities.
- Lead in providing quality information communication to the University community.
- Responsible for IT staff providing support at the University of Ghana regional learning centres.
- Provide leadership for the unit in order to optimize performance, quality, efficiency and collaborate with other stakeholders of the University of Ghana community.
- Design, adapt, promote, and implement industry best practices in help desk, PC/Printer support and Computer Management and Lab support.
- Design, implement and promote industry best practices in end user PC/Printer maintenance support.
- Operational supervisor for staff at the End-user Support, Service Desk and Hardware and Preventative Maintenance Unit.
- Coordinate and manage service requests and supervise support service delivery to end-users.
- Coordinate call-out service for scheduled and emergency servicing of equipment by both internal and external service providers.
- Oversee departmental work and activities to ensure customer service and support is delivered to the campus community. This level of support includes students, staff, faculty members and all instructional and administrative units.
- Provide professional services to the UG community and the public in areas of expertise to support the delivery of IT operation and services.
- Proactively monitor and respond to industry trends and standards.
- And any other assignment given by the CITO or his/her representative.
Qualification Required & Experience:
- A good first degree in Computer Engineering/Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or any other relevant areas
- A master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Telecommunication Engineering, Data Communication and Networks or related field.
- Should have basic knowledge of ITIL and IT service delivery.
- Should have experience in basic, routine, and advanced principles of preventive maintenance to include Network devices, Data Centre hosting equipment, computers, printers, power systems, Audio-visual equipment, Ventilating, and air-conditioning equipment.
- Experience in managing staff who provide operational support for servicing of PCs, Laptops, Printers and Switches.
- Experience in customer service standards and procedures.
- Should understand training methods and procedures
- Relevant professional level qualification or industry skill-based certification.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in various areas of Network and Systems configuration, setup, troubleshooting, planning, designing, implementation, and user support experience.
- Must have experience in the support of Ubiquity solution, fibre deployment and should have attended network operation workshop for bandwidth management and support.
- Must have ITIL Foundation that is current
How To Send At Job Application For The Position: End-User Support
Applicants are required to submit the complete application pack addressed to the Registrar, University of Ghana, through: firstname.lastname@example.org (Electronic copy only) Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
The application pack should be submitted as a single PDF file and should contain the following:
- Completed application form for Senior Administrative and Professional employees (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website at: www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd;
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
- Copies of relevant educational and/or professional certificates; and,
- Two reference letters, at least one of which should be from a Head of Unit in the University of Ghana, with whom the applicant has worked.
The reference letters should, among others, include the following information on the candidate:
- Professional competence and work output
- Leadership abilities and sense of responsibility
- General Contribution to the work of the University (or relevant organization)
- Interpersonal skills
- Any other relevant information
Deadline: 30th June, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED