University of Ghana (UG) is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for appointment as Assistant Librarian.
Without prejudice to the functions of the specific unit to which the Assistant Librarian will be assigned, the job role requires operational support for the achievement of the objectives and strategic plan of the University of Ghana Library System (UGLS). This includes:
View Also: Graduate Job Vacancy At GBfoods Africa
- Promoting library resources to the university community.
- Providing library instruction and information literacy training.
- Use of relevant software/tool to engage students and faculty to improve teaching and learning.
- Provision of research support to academic departments.
- Contribution to the profession through research and publishing.
- Contribution to the profession through extension activities.
- Providing reference services to users.
- Performing the role of a subject librarian.
- Supervising shelving.
Qualifications And Attributes:
- The applicant must:
- be a staff of the University of Ghana and must have served at the grade of Senior Library Assistant or a higher grade, for at least two years
- possess a good first degree plus a research master’s degree of at least a Master of Philosophy (MPhil) degree or equivalent in Librarianship, Information Studies, Library Studies, or related discipline, with a minimum of two (2) years relevant post-second-degree qualification work experience.
- show evidence of chartered membership of a library professional association including the Ghana Library Association (GLA) with not less than two years of membership.
Check This: More Roles Open At TotalEnergies
- Required knowledge, ability, and skills include:
- a. Ability to conduct reference interviews.
- b. Ability to develop relevant search strategies.
- c. Ability to conduct literature searches.
- d. Ability to conduct library instruction.
- e. Kowledge in cataloguing and classification of library materials
- f. Knowledge in shelving and shelf-reading
- g. Good interpersonal relationships
- h. Must be user oriented.
- i. Ability to uphold and maintain the professional ethics of librarianship.
- j. Knowledge in conducting research.
- k. Knowledge of MS Office Suite
- l. Candidates must demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills, qualities of a team player and the ability to establish understanding and rapport with colleagues.
- m. Knowledge of IT packages and library management systems
Suggested: Job Offer At AngloGold Ashanti Limited
How To Submit An Application For Assistant Librarian (UG)
Submit the complete application pack addressed to the Registrar, University of Ghana, through email@example.com (Electronic copy). Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
The application pack should be submitted as a single PDF file and should contain the following:
- Completed application form for Senior Administrative and Professional employees (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website at: www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd;
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
- Copies of relevant educational and/or professional certificates; and,
- Two reference letters, at least one of which should be from a Head of Unit in the University of Ghana, with whom the applicant has worked. The reference letters should, among others, include the following information on the candidate:
- a. Professional competence and work output
- b. Leadership abilities and sense of responsibility
- c. General Contribution to the work of the University
- d. Interpersonal skills
- e. Any other relevant information
Deadline: March 15, 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted to participate in a selection process.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED