The role of Director of Procurement is currently open at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST).
- The incumbent shall be responsible, under the Registrar for providing leadership to the Procurement Office and for ensuring that the University’s procurement processes are in accordance with the Public Procurement Act, 2016 (Act 914 as amended) as well as other procurement policies and regulations instituted by the University.
Qualification Required & Experience
The Applicant must:
- possess relevant postgraduate degree(s);
- be a member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS) OR Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS);
- have served in a University or analogous institution for at least five (5) years as Senior Procurement Officer OR a minimum of Ten (10) years post-qualification experience in industry or public service.
- be dynamic, self-motivated, and competent with proven ability;
- be a team player with good interpersonal and communication skills;
- have the ability to exercise sound judgment;
- exhibit high sense of initiative, and managerial and organisational skills;
- be a distinguished professional with capacity to motivate and direct staff;
- be digitally literate.
Terms of Appointment
- The Appointment, which is full-time shall be for FIVE (5) YEARS in the first instance before attaining the compulsory retiring age of SIXTY (60). The appointment may be subject to renewal after evaluation of performance.
- The Salary and Conditions attached to the post are attractive.
Application Process For The Role: Procurement Director
Interested Candidates are requested to submit SIX (6) Copies of application package with the following:
- Application Letter with Curriculum Vitae, including Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees; and,
- A Two (2) Paged Statement of Candidate’s Vision for the respective Faculty/School/Office.
Applications should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER to reach the following address:
Kwame Nkrumah University of
Science and Technology
Private Mail Bag
University Post Office
Closing Date: 31st July, 2023.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED