Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), which is located in Kumasi, has announced to Academic Community and the General Public, about the recruitment for the following vacancies:
- DEAN, SCHOOL OF MEDICINE AND DENTISTRY
- DEAN, SCHOOL OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY
- DEAN, FACULTY OF LAW
- DEAN, KNUST SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
The aforementioned roles are effective, 1st November, 2023.
The Dean is the Head of the Faculty/School and shall be responsible to the Provost for providing leadership to the Faculty/School and for maintaining and promoting efficiency and good governance in accordance with policies and procedures instituted by the University.
Qualification Required & Experience
- Must be of professorial rank or equivalent grade in an analogous institution.
- Must be able to attract grants and funds for research and must be able to drive the academic agenda of the Faculty/School.
- Must exhibit a high sense of industry and organizational skills and must be above reproach.
- Must possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Must be able to establish rapport between industry and the Faculty/School for common purpose.
- Must be sober with maturity and drive for sound and impartial judgement
- Must be able to serve a THREE-YEAR Term of Office before attaining the compulsory retirement age of SIXTY (60).
See Also: Director of Procurement At KNUST
- In the case of the School of Medicine and Dentistry, applicant must be a qualified/distinguished Medical Practitioner registered under the Ghana Medical and Dental Council.
- In the case of the School of Nursing and Midwifery, applicant must be a qualified/distinguished Practitioner registered under the Nursing and Midwife Council of Ghana.
- For Dean, Faculty of Law, the applicant must have a TERMINAL DEGREE and must be a qualified/distinguished Legal Practitioner registered with the General Legal Council and a Member of the Professional Body.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment, which is full-time, shall be for THREE (3) YEARS in the first instance and may be subject for renewal for another term of three (3) years. The candidate may opt to be a Faculty Member after serving the two-term of six-years before attaining the statutory retirement age of 60.
- Salary and fringe benefits attached to the post are attractive.
Application Guide For The Position Of: Dean
Interested Candidates are requested to submit SIX (6) Copies of application package with the following:
- Application Letter with Curriculum Vitae, including Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees; and,
- A Two (2) Paged Statement of Candidate’s Vision for the respective Faculty/School/Office.
Applications should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER to reach the following address:
Kwame Nkrumah University of
Science and Technology
Private Mail Bag
University Post Office
Closing Date: 31st July, 2023.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED