There is a new exciting Day Job At Modec. The company required the service of a dynamic, efficient and service oriented Marine Supervisor.
- Operates marine systems and utilities safely, with minimal environmental impact and in compliance with legislation and the requirements of the Company’s HSEQ Management System
- Coordinates and supervises maintenance of all safety equipment including lifeboat, rescue boat, life rafts and work boats.
- Coordinates and supervises maintenance of all ballast/cargo tanks and cargo storage and offloading systems.
See Also: December 2022 Job Recruitment At KATH
- Coordinates and supervises all Marine and Safety equipment related contractors / vendors.
- Prepares, plans, and monitors facility stability data and coordinates ongoing cargo tank loading.
- Supervises and coordinates all ballasting and deballasting operations.
- Carries out tank washing and gas freeing operations and supervises tank entry operations.
- Coordinates and carries out discharge of produced water from cargo/ballast tanks.
- Performs gas tests and isolations as per Permit to Work and Confined Space Entry permits.
- Carries out toolbox talks and HSE meetings as required.
- Maintains and be responsible for lifting gear register and crane log book.
- Supervises and coordinates maintenance of all facilities lifting equipment including export tanker toolbox/equipment, mooring hawser and associated equipment.
- Operates and performs tests on GMDSS equipment in accordance with SOLAS requirements.
- Carries out HLO duties as required. Carries out supervision/ monitoring of helicopter flight, landings and departures and compilation of information required for safe helicopter operations.
- Controls and manages the safe and efficient materials handling to/from supply vessels.
- Controls and manages all marine activities with respect to safe and efficient bunkering operation from supply vessels in conjunction with maintenance department.
- Assists in the training and development of Marine personnel as required.
- Prepares data for input to daily report.
- Monitors usage of consumables and liaises with materials coordinator with respect to departmental requisitions.
Apply For: Factory Work in Ireland with Visa Sponsorship
Qualifications & Experience
- A tertiary qualification and holds a valid STCW Management Level License (Class 1 Master Mariner Unlimited).
- Master Class 1 Certificate of Competency with oil tanker endorsement or equivalent Marine technical background with FPSO experience
- 8-10 years’ experience onboard crude oil/product carriers as Master Mariner, Chief officer, Mooring Master or Marine Supervisor of Offshore Facilities
- Thorough knowledge of FPSO marine practices, including deck operations, engine room activities, navigation, marine regulations, tank entry and inspection etc
- Previous experience with the hydrocarbons industry and FPSO’s is preferred, with a working knowledge of hydrocarbon operations, safety systems and permit to work procedures essential
- Understanding of relevant legislative requirements with respect to overall operation of FPSO’s inclusive of Principles and effects of loss stability and its control
- Strong marine operations knowledge in key areas such as: Marine Oil and gas terminals, oil tankers/gas carriers, FPSOs Marine Systems, Offloading Systems, Environmental protection, safety, reliability, efficiency and regulatory compliance issue: Auditing of offshore marine terminals including FPSO
- Proven management / supervisory skills and leadership and planning skills
- Maintenance Management systems Experience
- Maintenance/Production/Marine Operations experience
- Management of Major Emergency response duties/fire team trained
You May Like:
- Recent Job Placement At Fido
- Meridian Port Services Job Vacancy
- SSCE/ HND/ Degree Jobs At SBP Africa
How To Send An Application For Modec’s Day Job
To apply, tap Here
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED