Afrobarometer (AB) has a new job opening. The organization is looking to work with a new Senior Editor. S/he won. Be required to work with Afrobarometer Head of Publications and Assistant Editor to ensure that publication goals of the Network are met. The incumbent may work remotely with occasional travel when required.
View Also: Amazing Job Placements At Airteltigo
Main duties and responsibilities:
Working with the support and oversight of the Head of Publications, and in collaboration with the Assistant Editor and other members of the communications and analysis teams, the Senior Editor will be responsible for:
- Managing the production process for AB publications, including reviewing, editing, and formatting documents and, when necessary, coordinating reviews by other members of the Network and/or external reviewers, to ensure that all publications are consistent with Afrobarometer guidelines and templates and meet overall quality standards for content and presentation. When the Head of Publications is absent, the Senior Editor will have primary responsibility for AB publications.
- Verifying the accuracy and relevance of basic descriptive data analyses in AB publications as part of the review/editing process.
- Mentoring selected authors to help them through the process of finalising and publishing their work, and promoting production of advanced-level publications by Afrobarometer staff, AB National Partners, and participants in AB training courses (webinars, AB summer schools, etc.).
- Tracking the production, review, revision, and publication of each type of publication to ensure that publications move from initial production to publication in a timely way, and to facilitate effective tracking and reporting on outputs.
- Coordinating translation of selected publications for multi-language publication.
- Identifying new outlets and formats for AB data and analysis.
- Helping to develop or update templates for various publications, in collaboration with the Head of Publications, Assistant Editor, Communications and Knowledge Manager, and others, to ensure that Afrobarometer publications reflect network branding and content standards.
- Developing and helping to implement media and social media campaigns (including writing posts/tweets, drafting news releases, etc.), in collaboration with the communications and analysis teams, to support dissemination of survey findings.
- With support as needed, and in collaboration with the communications and analysis teams, developing infographics, charts, and other materials to enhance dissemination of survey findings.
- Coordinating with the AB Digital Content Manager for posting of finalised publications, as well as assisting with production and editing of website content, and with maintaining an up-to-date version of the website.
- Collaborating with the capacity building team to develop training and mentoring strategies and approaches to foster increased publication by Network staff and partners.
- Identifying and documenting stories about the impact of AB’s work, special efforts and achievements of Network staff and partners, lessons learned, etc.
- Contributing to regular and ad hoc reporting on AB’s efforts, achievements, and challenges.
- Other duties as requested by the Head of Publications or others.
Check: Job Opening At CA Mining
- Fluency in English
- At least 5 years of experience in a relevant position involving extensive writing and editing.
- Strong and demonstrable skills in writing and editing
- Demonstrable capacity to understand and work with quantitative data
- Demonstrable ability to pay close attention to details of language, numbers, and formatting
- Ability to work independently and on deadline in a remote-work environment
- Ability to work well with others in a multi-cultural environment
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a wide range of tasks.
- Professional competency in French is highly desirable, though not required.
- Competency in Portuguese and/or Arabic
- Experience editing work by authors for whom English is not a first language
- African citizenship or heritage
- Interest in and general understanding of development issues and/or democracy and governance issues in Africa
- Creativity in problem solving and use of language, images, and technology
- Skills in data analysis (or interest in acquiring such skills)
- Skills in data visualisation (or interest in acquiring such skills)
Afrobarometer will offer a competitive salary based on the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
How To Submit An Application For The Job Opening At Afrobarometer (AB)
Read Full Application Details And Apply Here
Deadline: 13th February, 2023.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED