The national institute of Genetics is inviting international students to apply for a research internship in Japan.
The NIG internship program in Japan 2022 is offered to undergraduate final year students and postgraduate students studying life sciences-related fields.
The interns are welcomed to conduct research in Japan’s world-class laboratories and get mentorship at NIG. Interns from any country will be welcomed. No IELTS or TOEFL is required.
The NIG internship program 2022 in Japan will train the interns on scientific research, scientific communication and lab visits. At the end of NIG internship program, all the interns will have to give a presentation of their experience as NIG internship program interns. The institute will provide a certificate to all the successful interns who have completed the internship program successfully.
Interns will also get a chance to participate in different activities such as lectures, journal clubs and seminars of researchers at and outside the institute. Japanese language classes are also offered. If you are a Bachelor’s or postgraduate student studying life science fields, then do not miss this opportunity and apply for the NIG internship program today.
The internship will start on 17 June 2022 and last on 28 July 2022, students cannot request for a shorter period. All the expenses will be covered by the host, including the air travel expense
Here are more details about the NIG Internship Program in Japan 2022
- Country: Japan
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: January 7, 2021
Eligibility Criteria :
Here are the eligibility criteria for NIG internship program 2022:
- Must be in the pre-final year student (3rdand 4th year) if they are enrolled in the bachelor’s program.
- 1st and 2nd-year students of the master’s program can apply.
- The interns must be able to dedicate their efforts to NIG internship program.
- Participate in the projects for the full-intern term.
- Interns must be able to give an oral presentation.
- Interns must submit the essay and the questionnaire at the end of the internship program.
The NIG Internship program is fully-funded; the following will be provided:
- Airfare travel expense
- Local transportation fare
- Accommodation at institute’s guesthouse
- Travel insurance
- 1,500 JPY/day allowance for meals.
- Letter of Motivation (500 words in English)
- Scanned Academic Transcript
- Two Recommendation letters from your teachers/professors
- The Interns must work on the scheduled days that supervisors agreed.
- The interns must conform to the regulations of the institute and the program.
- The interns will be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of information of NIG.
- Complete the assigned tasks, assignments, and projects within the allotted time duration.
- If the intern/s does not abide by the conditions, NIG will take action, resulting in the termination of the internship program.
- The expenses are designated for a limited period only.
How To Apply:
- Apply using the online application system by tapping on the apply now option provided below.
- The applicants must agree on terms and conditions before applying for the NIG Internship program. Make sure to enter the names and email addresses of teachers/professors who are recommending you. Make sure your recommendation letter is ready on your application because as soon as you register, your recommenders will receive an email to enter a recommendation for you.
- Before you start the application, make sure you have general info about the host laboratory.
- After registration/applying, you will receive a confirmation email containing your application number and password.
- All the required documents must be submitted through the online application system; documents submitted via email will be rejected. Results will be announced by Early March 2022.
Some FAQ’s of the NIG Internship Program
In case you want to send an inquiry, please check the FAQ below.
1. 3rd year of a 5 year-dual degree program. Am I eligible?
A1: No, only from students in their prefinal-year at the time of application are accepted.
2. I’ll be a prefinal-year student during the intern period but am currently in the 2nd year of a 4-year bachelor’s program. Am I eligible?
A2: No, at the time of application you must be a prefinal-year student.
3. Which countries / nationalities are eligible?
A3: Applications from any country / nationality is welcomed
4. Am I eligible to apply even if my university is not in the country of my citizenship?
A4: Yes, the only condition is that applicants must live outside Japan at the time of application.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
LTo get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED