Graduate Internship Opportunity At ACET. The African Center for Economic Transformation seeks a motivated young professional who is dedicated to improving Africa’s economic future. Candidates should have educational and life experiences (volunteer, internships, work) with an emphasis on economics, education policy, international development, youth employment, or related fields. Candidates should possess excellent research and writing skills. Special consideration is given to students with good working knowledge of French. Candidates should excel in team environments, be comfortable working with limited oversight, and possess outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills.
The YES intern work program will broadly focus on research, analysis, peer learning and policy engagement.
The intern will:
- Work closely with ACET’s Youth Employment and Skills (YES) program to: i) provide inputs to the project team during the drafting of research reports ii) support quantitative and qualitative analysis of data collected through research activities, and iii) engage with relevant stakeholders during validation and dissemination of research findings. Examples of ACET – YES projects where these activities will be undertaken include the six-country Youth Employment and Skills (YES) study and the Barriers to Women’s Employment in Ghana and Senegal (OSIWA) study. The nature of activities undertaken within each project will vary, depending on the progress made in the project.
- Support finalization of the OSIWA research paper. Working with the YES Head, the intern would liaise with the editorial team to review and finalize the synthesis report and abridged country reports.
- Support the Knowledge Manager in the coordination of the YES chapter of the Pan African Coalition for Transformation (PACT) platform which is launching in seven (7) African countries. Tasks will include coordinating activities on the YES-PACT workplan.
- Support the Events Coordinator in the organization of YES program events both internal and external to ACET. This will include drafting concept notes and liaising with potential panelists.
- Support the development of thought pieces, policy briefs, and blogs to highlight key narratives and messages in the YES and OSIWA reports and to make them easily accessible for policymakers.
- Support the portfolio in business development activities where required. This will include conducting background research for technical proposals.
- Provide support to the YES Head in other administrative and wider-portfolio related tasks as required.
How To Apply – Graduate Internship Opportunity At ACET
Please send your application/letter of interest, your curriculum vitae, a writing sample and a reference to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday, 11thFebruary 2022.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED