From the year 2023, the United Kingdom, UK plans to recruit teachers from Ghana and other 8 countries.
From 1 February 2023, teachers with a required qualification in teaching will be able to apply to TRA for QTS.
UK Teacher Recruitment, 2023
Teachers from the following 9 countries, including Ghana, will be eligible to apply to TRA for QTS:
- Hong Kong
- South Africa
For the following reasons, they have been selected for an initial launch or pilot program:
- Reachers from these countries already have a substantial presence in the UK as valued members of the teaching workforce
- There is an established interest in teaching in England in these countries
- We have strong educational ties with the country in question
The Teaching Regulation Agency will continue to be the entity that grants QTS.
Eligibility for QTS from 1 February 2023
Apply for QTS in England will award overseas teachers QTS based on an assessment of each individual’s qualifications and experience against set requirements. Once fully launched, it will be open to qualified teachers from every country in the world.
From 1 February 2023, to be awarded QTS as a non-UK teacher, you must:
- have an undergraduate degree of the same academic standard as a UK bachelor’s degree, as verified by UK ENIC
- have completed teacher training that meets the standard of a level 6 qualification and is of at least the same length as an English initial teacher training course – for example, a Bachelor of Education or a Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- have completed a course with content that is practically and pedagogically focused
- be qualified to teach children aged between 5 and 16 years
- have at least one school year (a minimum of 9 months including school holidays but excluding time out taken for any other reason) of professional experience working as a teacher after qualifying
- have the professional status needed to be a teacher in the country where you qualified, and not be subject to any conditions or restrictions on your practice
You must also meet a certain standard of English language proficiency. This means you must be able to show one of the following. You have:
- been born in, hold citizenship of, or have studied at undergraduate level (or higher) in England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales or in one of the exempt nationalities
- been taught in English at undergraduate level (or higher) – you will need to provide evidence that English has been the medium of instruction (MOI) of your degree
- sat a CEFR B2 level English language test at a secure English language test (SELT) provider and met a CEFR B2 level of English proficiency
A B2 level is equivalent to the following test scores from the approved English language test providers:
- IELTS SELT Consortium – 5.5
- LanguageCert – 33/50
- Pearson – 59
- Trinity College London – Pass
- PSI Services (UK) Ltd – Pass
You May check:
- UK Teaching Jobs with Visa Sponsorship
- Massive Visa Sponsorship Job Recruitment in UK
- UK Farm Visa Jobs 2023: Submit Applications
- Job Offer At Wessex Pharmacies UK
Action on Application
The Apply for QTS in England service is now undergoing a testing and improvement process. Check the service from 1 February 2023 for further information on eligibility and guidance explaining how you can give us evidence of your qualifications and experience.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED