This article is here to help you know whether there will be a recruitment or a projection of when the Ghana Armed Forces will release forms for the recruitment of interested candidates who would like to be soldiers.
The Ghana Armed Forces (GAF)
The Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) is the unified armed force of Ghana, consisting of the Army (GA), Navy (GN), and Ghana Air Force. The President of Ghana is the Commander-in-Chief of the Ghana Armed Forces. He also the Border Guard Unit (BGU) supreme military commander. The armed forces are managed by the Minister of Defence and the Chief of Defence Staff.
If you’re thinking about applying to join the Ghana Armed Forces (GAF), there are a few things you need to know and complete first. What really matters is how enthusiastic and committed the prospective applicant is to the field. It’s a noble thing to serve both God and country. As soon as the military makes a recruitment announcement, they lay out all the steps that must be taken to provide a smooth and risk-free experience for applicants.
Will Ghana Armed Forces Release Recruitment Forms this year?
Yes, it is expected that the Ghana Armed Forces would release forms this year because the service needs more passionate people on board to help them achieve their mission and keep the country safe. However, while recruitment is expected, there could be unforeseen circumstances where the recruitment could be shifted to the next year.
So when will the Ghana Armed Forces release their recruitment Forms?
It is expected that the security services will release recruitment forms early October, 2023. The 2022/2023 Recruitment has ended, to this effect, the forms will be released and available for purchase by applicants about a week or two after the previous recruitment is over.
What are the requirements for joining the security service?
Here are the requirements given by the Armed Forces over the past years which applicants must meet in order to be successful in the recruitment process:
- The applicant must be a Ghanaian.
- He or she must have a valid identification card, such as a national ID (Ghana Card) or an international passport.
- Non-tradespeople should be between the ages of 18 and 25, while tradespeople should be between the ages of 18 and 27.
- The applicant must have an SSCE, NVTI, BECE diploma or degree and be physically and medically fit for the job. Get more details about this here.
- The applicant should have no criminal history.
- Married people are not eligible to apply.
Males must be 5.6 meters tall, or 1.6 meters tall, while females must be 5.2 meters tall, or 1.57 meters tall.
- S/he must have all academic and professional certificates in original form on hand.
- Applicants must provide only official and verifiable personal information.
- A valid email address is required for all applicants.
- Documents uploaded during the application process should not be larger than 2MB.
- The applicant must be willing to work wherever he or she is assigned.
Read more about the requirements here.
What are the positions available available at the Ghana Armed Forces?
The Armed forces usually opens recruitment for numerous positions, from Doctors, nurses, to religious leaders, band men, people who are into agriculture, business, languages, and more. The management of the armed forces usually list all the positions available and the required qualification criteria anytime they call for recruitment campaign.
It is essential to know that applicants have the opportunity to select between Army, Navy and Air Force positions as well as Short Service and Regular.
Applicants are required to take into account that the Armed Forces of Ghana provides equal chances for all individuals. All stated employment positions are not for sale, and neither are there any authorized intermediaries. Those who choose to work with any intermediaries or agents do so at their own risk and risk criminal prosecution. Anyone found with a fake ID or passport will face serious legal consequences. You may read this article on how to get recruited into Ghana Armed Forces without Protocol.
To know more about the salaries of soldiers and their rank structure, kindly visit this article.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED