GIZ is looking to hire a Technical Advisor (Regular Migration).
GIZ. has been commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the European Union to implement the Joint Action “Migration, Jobs and Development”. The aim is to provide economic and social reintegration measures for returned and jobseekers, capacity building for members of employment promotion institutions, engaging diaspora organisations, pursuing legal pathways of labour migration and establishing regional employment promotion networks.
Scope of Role:
The Technical Advisor for Regular Migration shall manage and promote the implementation of legal pathways of labour and educational migration between Ghana and Germany, Europe and in the West African subregion in the context of the EU-Germany joint action on “Jobs, Migration and Development. He/She shall also support all activities in the field of regular migration for the social and economic development in Ghana, by working in close consultation with the coordinator, the project manager and other staff members of the Programme Migration for Development and the Programme “Support to the Private and Financial Sector”
- Supporting with the development or revision of schemes on education or labour migration/mobility between Ghana and Germany, Europe and others.
- Engaging policy makers and implementers from public and private sector as well as from EUMS through facilitation multi-stakeholder engagement on development-oriented models of regular migration.
- Conducting capacity development to local service providers on regular migration.
- Researching and developing an overview of currently existing regular migration channels and current interventions related to the enhancement of them, setting up of a coordination mechanism.
- Coordinating the setting up of a “Europe Desk” at PECs or similar institutions in Ghana for information on regular migration options
- Supporting the advisor’s team of the Ghanaian-European Centre with information on regular migration pathways to Germany and Europe.
- Engaging in counselling activities of clients of the GEC on issues of regular migration to Germany and Europe as well as in the West African subregion.
- Link up and identify synergies with other interventions of German and European development cooperation and engaging in modes of cooperation.
- Liaising with relevant political and implementation partners on technical level.
- Implementing capacity building measures for relevant actors on regular labour migration, e.g. for recruitment agencies.
- Preparing reports relevant to this technical area.
Also See: New Job Posting At MTN
- Master’s degree in an area that is related to the project/programme objectives, with a focus on a relevant field.
- Professional experience in planning and implementation of projects
- Technical knowledge and experience in labour migration, education and training
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Good understanding of the topic of migration, its place in Ghanaian society and significant actors.
- Proficient in spoken and written English; a working knowledge of German is an asset.
- Strong managerial, organisational, social competence skills and ability to easily adapt and manage change.
- Very strong communication skills and ability to engage stakeholders and facilitate networking.
- Experience with EU projects is an asset.
Recommended: Job Available At U.S Embassy
Send To Submit An Application For Regular Migration Technical Advisor
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to email@example.com quoting the Job Code 2023/PFS/23/03 in the subject line.
If you do not hear from GIZ two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 6th April, 2023
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED