There is a job Recruitment for the position of Technical Advisor At GIZ for a Governance for Inclusive Development (GOVID) project.
The Governance for Inclusive Development Program is supporting the Government of Ghana in Domestic Revenue Mobilisation, Public Financial Management and Accountability. With additional Co-Funding by the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), UK we will provide additional support in Combatting Illicit Financial Flows.
The objective will be to improve detection, investigation and prosecution capacities of partners such as EOCO, FIC etc. Further regional and international cooperation of IFF institutions will be strengthened and the Civil Society to raise awareness for IFF.
The Technical Advisor Serious and Organised Crime will be part of the Public Financial Management (PFM) Component of the
Governance for Inclusive Development (GovID) Programme.
The job will entail working with national institutions and law enforcement agencies, such as the Financial Intelligence Center, the Economic and Organized Crime Office, the Ghana Revenue Authority and other relevant state and non-state actors including civil society organizations to improve the collaboration and capacity of SOC-related institutions and thereby increase resilience to SOC within Ghana, and reduced
SOC threats agencies that work across the chain and enhance interagency collaboration as well as regional cooperation
- Design, coordinate and implement capacity building measures with partner institutions to strengthen structures and systems that combat serious and organized crime.
- Analyse and prioritise, in collaboration with national partners, reform areas to address issues identified in the GIABA evaluation reports, among others.
- Contribute to the development and timely implementation of agreed measures in close collaboration with colleagues and partners.
- Design and implement measures to improve civil society’s advocacy role and monitor the implementation grant agreements to civil society.
- Monitor the implementation of activities and contribute to the reporting, knowledge management and lessons-learned analysis for the GovID Programme.
- Design, prepare and facilitate workshops, seminars and other events, engage in regular dialogue, cooperation and networks with partner institutions and other relevant stakeholders.
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master/MSc Degree (or higher) in economics, finance, law or related fields
- At least five (5) years of professional work experience in combatting illicit financial flows or SOC related matters
- Minimum two years of professional experience in international cooperation and in consulting to high-level partners from politics and public administration
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks independently related to design, planning and implementation of programme, managing data, reporting
- Motivated team player with an organized, independent, systematic, proactive, detail- and goal-oriented work approach.
- Working experience with development organizations, public sector institutions, or local government actors
- Excellent command of the English language (written & spoken).
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org under the Job Code 2021/GovID/12/02. Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider
Closing Date: 05 January, 2022
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED