There is a job Recruitment for the position of a Finance Officer At GIZ for a Governance for Inclusive Development (GOVID) project.
- The program is supporting the EU in implementing the Sustainable Cocoa Initiative.
- The objective of sustainable cocoa production shall be reached through measures on livingincome, reduction of child labor, reduction of deforestation, and the support for reaching compliance with the EU regulations on the respective issues.
- As a Finance Officer, you will be responsible for ensuring that financial administration and documentation is done well in accordance with General Accepted Accounting Principles and GIZ and EU standard procedures.
- You will effectively coordinate activities with all staff and execute and document cash payments for activities, contracts and procurements.
- You will ensure that financial administration functions well in accordance with GIZ and EU standard procedures, effectively coordinate activities with the staff of the finance team, do financial planning, monitoring, and accounting for GIZ assisted projects.
- You will coordinate financial processing of financings as to third parties as well as service contracts, including applying for contracting
to GIZ country office or GIZ HQ, checking documentation on the contract, checking invoices and processing for settlement.
- You will carry out accounting procedures using WINPACCS bankbook and cashbook software, balance both books periodically, always prepare for both regular and unannounced dash counts and bank reconciliation statements.
- You will ensure that services rendered within the section are done correctly according to GIZ and EU Financial and Accounting Guidelines.
- You will monitor the real accounts (payables, receivables) and report regularly to the Component Manager and the Senior Finance
- You will ensure full compliance to internal control/ auditing rules.
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Accounting or Commerce from a recognized college
- At least 3 years of experience as a finance officer in a similar position in an international organization.
- Very high proficiency in financial documentation procedures, preferably experience in accounting systems of public institutions in Ghana
- Familiarity with contracting rules in the public sector, especially with GIZ rules and regulations.
- Very high proficiency with Microsoft Excel;
- Proactive interest in improving quality of work; Excellent, communication skills, both written and oral in English;
- Strong interpersonal and service skills; Strong organization and time management skills;
- Ability to perform efficiently in a multicultural work environment;
- Ability to work under time pressure; Self-driven motivation to create knowledge and innovations; autonomous
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org under the Job Code 2022/SCIP/12/01. Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 05 January, 2022
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED