The management of the Ghana News Agency (GNA) is inviting applications from suitably qualified, result-driven, competent, and dynamic professionals to fill various vacant positions. The available position available at the Ghana News Agency is Security Officer.
Position: Security Officer
• Responsible for keeping order in the Agency’s premises.
• Inspect load of in-coming and out-going vehicles.
• Keeps unauthorized persons away from the premises.
• Protect property and staff by maintaining a safe and secure environment.
• Observe for signs of crime or disorder and investigate disturbances.
• Apprehend criminals and evict violators.
• Take accurate notes of unusual occurrences.
• Report in detail any suspicious incidents.
• Patrol randomly or regularly building and perimeter.
• Monitor and control access at building entrances and vehicle gates.
• Watch alarm systems or video cameras and operate detecting/emergency equipment.
• Performs any other duties that may be assigned by Supervisor.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Proven work experience as a Security Guard or relevant position for at least three (3) years.
• Should possess at least a Senior High School Certificate/Diploma.
• Ability to operate detecting systems and emergency equipment.
• Excellent knowledge of public safety and security procedures/protocols.
• Surveillance skills and detail orientation.
• Good understanding of guidelines for area security and public safety.
• Some experience with report writing.
• Outstanding surveillance and observation skills
• Good time-management skills
• Great interpersonal and communication skills
• Integrity and professionalism
How To Apply For The Security Officer Job at the Ghana News Agency
Interested and qualified applicants should send their application cover letter stating the position with a comprehensive curriculum vitae including supporting documents (Educational Certificates, National Service Certificate etc) to the
Director of Administration
Ghana News Agency
P.O Box 2118
Prospective Applicants applying for (Editor, Chief Reporter, Accountant, Stores Officer, Marketing Officer, and Administrative Officer) positions must as part of the application submit a Statement of Purpose (Number of words 500 words, font style – Times New Roman, font size –12 and lining spacing should be 1.5), indicating their strength, achievements, attitude and why they should be considered for the role.
Send application to email@example.com indicating the applied Position as the SUBJECT and attach relevant documents (Educational Certificates, National Service Certificate etc).
Kindly note that closing date for submission of all Application is the 24th March, 2023. Applicants should note that only shortlisted persons will be invited to interview for selection.
Closing Date: 24 March, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED