The position of Rotating Equipment Engineer is vacant at Tullow Oil.
Job Purpose For The Position Of Rotating Equipment Engineer at Tullow Oil:
This is a specialist role in Critical Rotating Equipment and Reliability Engineering. It provides leadership and guidance relating to equipment reliability and availability in relation to Maintenance.
The RE acts as the Technical Authority for Rotating Equipment and Reliability Analysis.
The RE is responsible day to day for the ongoing reliability of the FPSO systems and equipment, identifying and managing asset reliability risks that could adversely affect production efficiency. This includes Loss Elimination, Risk Management and Life Cycle Asset Management delivered through risk based and reliability centered maintenance.
The RE ensures that Equipment Maintenance Strategies are continuously reviewed and optimized in order to deliver improved levels of equipment reliability and availability
The RE drives the Condition Monitoring programme and the shift to preventative and predictive maintenance
The RE drives a culture of defect elimination through effective failure investigation, root cause analysis and the quality of repairs and maintenance
The RE develops and tracks key indicators e.g., production loss attributable to reliability, in order to identify and drive improvement opportunities. They develop and implement prioritised equipment specific reliability improvement plans balancing costs vs benefits.
See Also: Job Notice At Essence Medical Laboratory
- Complies with the Tullow HSEQ Code of Conduct, Standards, and Procedures to always protect people and the environment.
- Has a duty of care to ensure that all personnel work in a manner that is not harmful to their own health and safety and the health and safety of others.
- Provides guidance and technical support to Junior Engineers
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and corporate standards, processes, and procedures.
Critical Equipment Management
- Identify and monitor the management of critical equipment for possible impact on the technical integrity of the facility and/or production and ensure that all requirements regarding maintenance, inspection and operation are met.
- Manages the major rotating equipment intervention schedules and plans.
- Serves as the Technical Authority for all issues pertaining to the site’s rotating equipment by assisting with troubleshooting activities, resolving repeat failures, critical spares identification/management, and manages all related service contracts.
- Provide detailed reliability and life cycle cost analysis for units and projects as directed by the Maintenance and Integrity Manager
- Build and Maintain a Reliability Database based on Operations and Industry Reliability data
- Lead and assist with reliability studies and projects using Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM), Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) as required throughout the unit life cycle
- Owns the RAM model and responsible for its ongoing update and accuracy. Provides assurance as to the updates made by the project team when delivering new systems.
- Develop, analyse and report key reliability performance indicators – KPI’s
- Use reliability data to develop prioritized equipment reliability improvement programs
- Facilitate, lead, and/or participate in assessment teams focused on improving asset reliability, utilization, and operating efficiency.
- Use RAM, RCM, FMECA, RCA output to inform Equipment owners (discipline engineering leads) of changes required to optimize Equipment Maintenance Strategies.
- Recommend and implement upgrades/modifications to equipment to increase reliability and reduce maintenance cost and operating issues
- Conduct vulnerabilities analysis and develop remedial action plans
- Lead equipment failure investigations and facilitates appropriate Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Analyze predictive maintenance data and initiate follow-on corrective work
- Work with Operations and Maintenance personnel to troubleshoot equipment faults on an as-needed basis
- Work as an integral part of a technical team, recognized as the technical authority for reliability.
- Participate in scope development and repair of critical equipment as an adviser to Operations and Engineering concerning equipment/facilities capabilities and improvement opportunities.
- Provide maintainability, reliability, and operability input to new projects
Check This Out: How to earn $60 every hour playing video games
Spares and Materials
- Advise Maintenance and Supply Chain on requirements for critical spares and inventory stock levels.
- Participate in the development and delivery of Reliability training
Qualifications, Skills And Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree or tertiary equivalent in a relevant engineering or related discipline
+7 years post graduate industry experience in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Experience in the offshore oil and gas industry preferred.
- Experience within operations and maintenance of production facilities.
- Advanced knowledge and experience (FSE level required) in the operations, maintenance, and management of Rotating Equipment is required, specifically, aeroderivative gas turbine packages (LM2500), centrifugal and reciprocating gas compressors, multi-stage high-pressure centrifugal pumps (V&H), steam turbines, gearboxes, and 28mw generator packages.
- Expert working knowledge of basic reliability processes and tools including RAM (critical), RCM, FMECA, Life Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA), and Root Cause Analysis.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Predictive Maintenance Tools, specifically, Vibration Analysis, Tribology, thermal and acoustic imaging.
- Demonstrable experience and competency deemed skillful in the following areas:
- Root cause assessment techniques such as 5 Whys and Fault Tree
- Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Reliability, Availability and Maintainability modelling.
- Failure Mode Effect and Cause Analysis(FMECA)
- Life Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA)
- User level experience of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Lean knowledge and implementation desirable
You May Also Like: How To Study in Canada for Free: Full Guide 2023
How To Submit An Application For Rotating Equipment Engineer at Tullow Oil
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED