There is a job vacancy for the role of Project Controls Analyst III at Newmont.
About This Role:
- To provide project controls services (cost estimating, scheduling, cost and change management, and reporting) and interface with supply Chain, accounting and finance in support of sustaining capital projects. Individual project size ranges from internal studies to major design and construction, around $30M total cost.
- The role will maintain and update Ahafo South sustaining capital project risk registers and also contribute to successful project execution by effective reporting and cost control.
Recommended: MTN Ghana 2023 April Job Recruitment
In This Role You Will:
Project Control Planning
- Support project management through development of cost and schedule baselines, status updates, progress and performance evaluation, variation analysis and change management, forecast to complete, and project reports.
- Requires coordination and integration of information provided by multiple stakeholders –suppliers, contractors, and owner’s functions ie:. into summary reports representing the overall project as defined in the owner’s Authorization for Expenditure (AFE).
- Provide project controls input and coordinate overall development and Quality Control (QC) of documentation to advance projects through Investment System and Stage Gate Process.
- Contribute to scope definition, project execution planning, development of capital cost and schedule and cash flow baselines, evaluation of cost and schedule risk, input to financial models, and preparation of Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) and investment papers.
- Engage assistance of corporate estimating and controls functional support if required on complex or higher risk projects.
- Participate in annual business planning cycle.
- Ensure that project controls systems can generate reports relative to either annual or life-of-project budgets.
- Actively participate in key project planning sessions: opportunity framing, interactive planning, risk analysis, formal forecast updates, and project reviews conducted by corporate and third-party benchmarking consultants.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- BSc in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Project Management or Accounting and project management experience, or equivalent combination of training and experience are necessary.
- Project Management training
- An understanding of construction technics, methods, productivities, and costs
- A good knowledge to take off and build rates for work packages
- A good knowledge of accounting principles.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the engineering and construction management with at least 3-year experience in project controls including successful completion of a project assignment
- Practical experience with SAP.
- Knowledge of Newmont’s stage gate procedures.
How To Forward Your Job Application
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED