The Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research hereby invites internal applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of
Pharmacists / Senior Pharmacists.
- The job role requires conduct of Clinical Trials to stimulate cutting edge research.
- The position is full-time with a commitment to the development and delivery of a pharmacy service for Clinical Trials involving medicinal substances (pharmaceuticals).
- As part of a team, the successful candidate will be expected to provide other pharmacy services including dispensary, procurement, and clinical pharmacy services.
Check: New Job Advert At GITFiC
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, collaborate and provide expertise in support of clinical drug trials.
- Provide accurate and efficient dispensing of medication.
- Provide direct and functional supervision and maintain overall responsibility for pharmacy operations in assigned areas.
- Perform cross-functional duties including those of the Admixture Pharmacist.
- Develop and maintain policies and guidelines for pharmaceutical clinical trials that support and facilitate Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Act as research expertise to advise on trial design, procurement of Investigational Medicinal Product (IMP), randomization blinding and documentation for in-house Clinical Trials.
- Maintain communication with research staff, pharmacy, and Principal Investigator of Clinical Trials.
- Support grantsmanship and collaboration on other researches consistent with the job classification, as required to promote linkage between research and industry.
- Develop and review Clinical Pharmaceutical Trial proposals and liaise with Specialist Clinical Teams to assess potential ethical issues, and feasibility including Pharmacy capability and capacity to support the proposal.
- Submit all Clinical Trial Proposals to the FDA and Research and Ethics Committee.
- Ensure that all pharmacy FDA queries are resolved during the feasibility and study set up phase.
- Support the Principal Investigator of the Clinical Trials in applying for Clinical Trial Authorization.
- Support the Principal Investigator in the maintenance of study site documentation to the standard required by the Clinical Research Organization.
- Liaise with other clinical trial centres to assure standardised practice.
- Support good clinical practice, good manufacturing practice and current national and international regulatory requirements as appropriate.
- Ensure the appropriate and timely authorization and dispensing of IMP as required.
- Provide appropriate advice to clinicians, nursing staff and patients on taking Investigational medical products as per the clinical trial protocol guidelines.
- Facilitate the training of students, clinicians, nursing staff and allied health professionals on good clinical trial conduct and practice liaising with accredited education providers where necessary.
- Attend study site meetings as required including feasibility, set up, initiation and study close out.
- Support the provision of appropriate trial participant counselling in the use of their IMP.
- Maintain a pharmacy binder which contains a study summary, protocol, dispensing procedures, completed samples of required paperwork,
dispensing checklist, billing procedures and any other relevant materials for each investigational trial.
- Maintain and coordinate distribution of an up-to-date University of Ghana clinical investigational drug trials list, as scheduled.
- Maintain temperature monitoring and cold chain of investigational drugs and vaccines.
Also See: New Job Post At FAO
Qualification Required & Experience:
- Candidate must possess BPharm/PharmD and a Master’s degree (MSC/MPH/MPhil) in a relevant area from a recognized university.
- Must be registered with the Pharmacy Council/Pharmaceutical Society of Ghana
- At least three (3) years relevant post-qualification experience, for Pharmacist and at least six (6) years for Senior Pharmacist preferably working in a researchfacility and possessing the requisite knowledge in clinical trials.
- Experience in conducting and managing clinical trials will be an advantage.
- Exceptional team player and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and flexible working hours.
How To Send An Application For The Position: Pharmacists / Senior Pharmacists
Applicants are required to submit the complete application pack addressed to the Registrar, University of Ghana, through: email@example.com (Electronic copy only). Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
The application pack should be submitted as a single PDF file and should contain the following:
- Completed application form for Senior Administrative and Professional employees (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website at: www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd;
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
- Copies of relevant educational and/or professional certificates; and,
- Two reference letters, at least one of which should be from a Head of Unit in the University of Ghana, with whom the applicant has worked.
The reference letters should, among others, include the following information on the candidate:
- Professional competence and work output
- Leadership abilities and sense of responsibility
- General Contribution to the work of the University (or relevant organization)
- Interpersonal skills
- Any other relevant information
Closing Date: 30th June, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED