There is a new job update at Oxfam. The company is seeking the service of a Communication, Media and Public Engagement Coordinator.
To lead and support communication, media and public engagement for influencing in the country program and ensure this collectively generates knowledge, evidence, and learning. The role of the Communication, Media, and Public Engagement Coordinator is critical to ensure the visibility of the actions and impact of Oxfam in Ghana’s work. The role will also support behaviour change communications and public engagement actions.
Reporting to the Programs and Policy Influencing Lead, the Communication, Media and Public Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for the implementation of Communication, Information and Media related activities within Program Impact and Influencing Areas. The role will also support the Country Director in managing the internal and external communications of the organization. She/he will be responsible for the internal, external, and social media communications implemented across program areas. S/he will work in close collaboration with Program and Project Managers, Program and Project Teams and program partners to ensure close supervision, follow up and reporting through diversified communication tools and outlets. The Communication, Media and Public Engagement Coordinator’s responsibilities will be to maximise positive media coverage and fundraising opportunities and support accountability to key stakeholders as well as development work, across program areas. S/he shall also supervise the quality production of Information Education and Communication materials, and the quality branding of all activities.
It will be essential for the role to work with Program Influencing Teams and Program Effectiveness colleagues to ensure that all Oxfam policies and procedures with respect to communication and visibility, code of conduct, safeguarding, and other relevant policies and procedures are in place, implemented and adhered to.
Also See: New Job Placements At GIZ
What We Are Looking For:
Oxfam is looking for someone with:
- Passion for social and economic justice/equity, a strong professional qualification and background in journalism, development communications, media, or public relations.
A strong background and a track record in building and maintaining strategic media relations, project management, media research and analysis for campaigns, advocacy and influencing work.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of working experience in journalism, communications or media required.
- Having bilingual skills (English and French) will be desirable and an added advantage.
- A detailed understanding of print, radio, television, and online media landscape functions are critical. This can be experience as a mid-level professional with a demonstrated record of achievement in media and communications for policy influencing and behaviour change.
- Master’s degree in a related field is required (development communication, communication studies or equivalent).
- The successful candidate will have track record of significant and recent experience of leading the design and implementation of media and communications initiatives, excellent communication skills and confidence to articulate knowledge and ideas, influence, and advocate clearly and convincingly.
- The ideal candidate will have track record of working independently and as a team player motivating multi-disciplinary, geographically remote program teams and operations across locations.
How To Send An Application To Oxfam For The New Job Update
Closing Date: 4th April 2023 at 5pm (GMT)
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED