AGRA is announcing its new job vacancy. They are searching for a Lead, Soil Health & Integrated Management.
- Mainstreams soil health and nutrient management thinking into AGRA’s country operational plans around the continent to build resilient agricultural systems at all levels
- Reviews strategy and M&E dashboard to understand where AGRA is and is not making progress on soil health outputs and outcomes, in order to inform leadership decisions on next steps and new interventions
- Develops and implements policies that can help the countries to achieve ISFM and soil health
- Drives support from various institutions to develop and implement innovative financing and soil health initiatives that will support the provision of affordable credit and crop insurances
- Collaborates and lead the development of soil fertility management technologies and practices that enhance productivity and prepare small holder farmers to threats through research and capacity building interventions for building resilience
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- A Master’s degree in Soil science, Natural resources management, Agriculture, Agricultural Economics or related disciplines
- A relevant Doctorate degree will be an added advantage
- Experience managing complex initiatives with proven ability to develop high impact partnerships
- Experience in working with similar organizations or institutions will be an added advantage
- Fluency in English required; ability to communicate in French will be an advantage
Check This: MTN Ghana New Job Vacancy
- Thoroughly familiar with and experience in working with R&D and analytics houses
- Strong understanding of and the ability to interpret and action smallholder farmer soil health needs
- Analytical, excellent data mining ability
- Strong ability to influence positively both upwards and downwards across cultures and countries
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower employees to achieve their best with a team approach
- Deep understanding of both the government and private sector policies and governance structures
- Results and detail orientated with a hands-on approach
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and problem solving/decision making skills
- Intelligent, motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience on soils, NRM and/or sustainable intensification, primarily in Africa
- At least three (3) years’ Senior-Level experience designing and implementing programs and/or policy and regulatory reform in a relevant sector
- Experience driving resilience initiatives in a similar environment will be an added advantage
Based in West Africa (Ghana/ Burkina Faso) with frequent travel, approximately 40% per year.
Application Guide For AGRA Ghana’s Job
Apply By: 7th September, 2023.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED