Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) invites applications for the career position of a Program Specialist to join our dedicated and talented team in Ghana on our mission to create business solutions to poverty!
MEDA’s work is built on a foundation of Mennonite business roots and faith-based values, within the global context of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. We believe business solutions are effective interventions to address poverty. Through a market-systems approach and strategic partnerships, MEDA enables access to finance and provides business and technical expertise to build transformative agri-food market systems that create decent jobs, allowing traditionally excluded groups to become active participants in a sustainable economy. MEDA welcomes all who share our values and want to join us in our mission. To find out more about MEDA, please visit our website at www.meda.org.
Careers at Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA)
The Program Specialist be engaged as part of a 5-year Impact Investment and Business Support Services initiative, (“the Fund of funds (FoF) Initiative”) directly targeting investment vehicles, primarily in 7 countries in East and West Africa and across sub-Saharan Africa. Indirectly the program will also reach medium to high growth SMEs with integrated capital and technical assistance or BDS. The project will be delivered through a consortium of partner organizations, specialized in impact investing; BDS; Gender Diversity Equity & Inclusion; Results Measurement & Learning and Communications. The role reports to the Chief of Party for Mastercard Foundation Africa Growth Fund (MFAGF).
- Job Status: Full-time, 4 year contract
- Location: Accra, Ghana
Support the Chief of Party MFAGF to operationalize the FoF Initiative Strategy, working through its Partners, the MEDA team and supported by MEDA specialists (40%)
- Play a key supporting and analytic role in the delivery of all program activities across the relevant partners
- Provide strategic intelligence and ensure its effective utilization in design and execution of the initiative
- Working with the Deputy Chief of Party MFAGF, External communication activities in Africa, Canada and globally related to the launch and delivery of the initiative in collaboration with the MEDA corporate communications team
- Activities to embed the Gender Diversity Equity and Inclusion (“GDEI”) components across the program, by working with the Deputy Chief of Party MFAGF and the program GDEI specialist and external contractor in implementing across the consortium partners.
- Support strategic and operational direction to program implementation team
- Assist the learning partner in their interconnected role with all consortium partners, ensure the learning agenda, data collection and knowledge mobilization are fully integrated in this pilot and geared towards the proof of concept by year three and production of a replicable and scalable prototype by year five
- Implement, review, and monitor in coordination with the Chief of Party MFAGF and key program staff, yearly work, and performance plans to ensure priorities are on track
- Collaborate with and maintain active and responsive relationships with all key stakeholders, including government officials, consortium members, donor representatives, etc.
Investment and Financial Management (30%)
- Monitor the investment pipeline, SME and portfolio performance returns and compliances through on-site visits, third party reporting, and verification and analysis of data from relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure that the program is implemented in accordance with funding agreements, policies and procedures of MEDA, legal and tax jurisdiction requirements, and internationally recognized quality of standards (financial due diligence) in the field of social investments.
- Support the management of a team of professionals and support staff in a matrix environment; plan and prioritize work activities and assignments to meet overall objectives of the program and establishing excellent communication with internal (within MEDA, with other global offices of MEDA and consortium partners) and external stakeholders (donor(s), Governments, recipients, etc.)
Operations/Compliance Management (30%)
- Provide program support to the Chief of Party MFAGF, in managing the MEDA-led FoF Initiative Consortium (Fund Advisor Partner, Business Support Services Partner, and Learning/Knowledge Management partner) and ensuring that the overall program objectives are achieved, and contractual obligations are met on time and within budget
- Support the operations committee to discuss and communicate strategies, obstacles, performance plans, operational aspects, resolve problems, ensure administrative and legal compliances, and provide regular updates to the Investment and Steering Committees.
- Implement mechanisms that ensure the rapid deployment and integrity of program funds, such as dedicated program and operational units, standard operating procedures based on MEDA’s operating policies and processes, financial information management system, risk management, audit, monitoring & evaluation, reporting to stakeholders, etc.
Any other duties and/or requirements as assigned
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Business Administration, Economics, Actuarial Science, or related fields. A Masters will be an advantage.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years of experience in business administration, economic development, finance, or project management. Experience in a financial institution or related sectors is desired with demonstrated project analysis skills.
Project Requirements: Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in Banking, Impact/Social/Blended Investment, Small-Medium Enterprise growth initiatives with international exposure is required.
- Appreciation, understanding and support of MEDA’s mission, vision and values, international development and MEDA’s approach of creating business solutions to poverty
- Excellent skills in relationship management, including building relationships, networking and presentation, negotiation, and interpersonal communication
- Functional experience in business planning, business growth advisory service or related areas
- Proven ability to coordinate and deliver in a complex multi stakeholders – multi-cultural setting involving donors, governmental and non-governmental organizations, private sector organizations and civil society organizations
- Proven track record in leading culturally and generationally diverse teams and must be able to engage with staff at all levels of the organization and exercise sound judgement
- Must be fluent in English and proficiency in French or regional languages is an asset
How To Submit an Application to Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA)
Closing Date : 8th Dec, 2022
Other Job Opportunities:
- IFDC Calls For Job Applications
- Job Notice At Sandvik Rock Processing Solutions
- New Job Openings At Chirano Gold Mines
- Exciting Career Opportunities At Lively Minds
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED