Anglogold Ashanti Ghana is in need of a Mechanical Technician – Ropes. The company seeks an experienced and self-motivated and dynamic person to join the team.
Role Purpose And Context
The Mechanical Technician – Ropes reports to the Mechanical Supervisor – Winders and is accountable for general mechanical maintenance and repair of mine infrastructure and winding machinery, winder ropes statutory inspection, ore transport equipment and materials movement in a safe manner and compliant with LI2182 (Government of Ghana Law).
See Also: Unilever New Job Opening
- Accept personal responsibility for his own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his work
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Promote a culture of safety and practice zero tolerance to non-compliance at all times
- Protect and promote safe environment practices in compliance to the legislation and work environment principles
- Test rigging to ensure safety & reliability
- Attach loads to rigging to provide support or prepare them for moving
- Select gear, such as cables, pulleys, and winches, according to load weights, sizes & facilities
- Control movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces, using chain falls or other equipment
- Tilt, Dip, and Turn suspended loads to manoeuvre over, under or around obstacles
- Install ground rigging for yarding lines
- Align, level, and anchor machinery
- Fabricate, set up & repair rigging, supporting structures, hoists & pulling gear
- Attach pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures such as beams & ceilings
- Dismantle & store rigging equipment after use
- Conduct Daily Winders Ropes inspections and Ropes Statutory Maintenance in accordance with AGA Standard.
- Perform 6-Monthly Winder Ropes Recaps and Winder Maintenance per AGA Standard Operating Procedures.
- Carry out House Keeping at the winder houses and supporting shaft Activities when required.
- Report daily on Ropes inspections to the Winder/ Ropes Supervisor.
Qualification And Experience:
- Minimum of Mechanical Engineering Technician (MET) Part II or equivalent
- Five (5) + years of post-apprenticeship work in a mechanical trade. Winder maintenance will be advantage.
- Familiarity with the Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation.
- Wide fabrication experience.
- SHS/Diploma Job Offer At Plantations Socfinaf
- Job Opportunities Calling At Absa Group
- Amazing Career Opportunity At Baker Hughes
How To Submit An Application For Mechanical Technician – Ropes at AngloGold
Deadline: 17th January, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED