The Korle Bu Teaching Hospital invites applications for the open position a of Director of Finance for the Hospital.
Management appointment is a fixed-term engagement for a limited period of four (4) years subject to renewal based on agreed performance standards. As a general requirement, applicants should be able to complete one (1) full term before retirement.
Position Specific Requirements
Summary of job/function
The successful candidate will be responsible for financial management policy, resource mobilisation, disbursement, financial accounting and reporting. He or she will also be responsible for managing the finances of the Hospital, including safeguarding the interest of the Hospital in all financial transactions relating to revenue and expenditure.
The successful candidate will also be required to mobilise and disburse financial resources and provide or generate reports for management control and facilitate the implementation of efficient financial management systems.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes transactions for the Government of Ghana subventions and Internally Generated Funds (IGF)
- Prepares financial and management reports for operations Assists Sub-BMCs with their financial management responsibilities
- Prepares financial and other statements of accounts for Internal and external purposes Maintains financial information for management use for control purposes
- Advises and supports management in meeting its regulatory obligations in financial accountability
- Leads in the development and the implementation of accounting systems respect of
- Advises on information systems to meet the financial requirements of the Hospital
- Assists in the planning and monitoring of the Hospital’s performance
- Leads in the preparation and the execution of budget
- Assists in the recruitment and management of Human Resource for the Finance Directorate.
- The applicant must have at least 15 years work experience as an accountant with at least five (5) years post-qualification experience as a Chartered Accountant in a senior management position
- Evidence of leadership and continuing professional development and training
- Have advanced skills in computer usage and hands-on experience in financial management applications
- Ability to establish networks within and outside the hospital and utilise this to achieve the hospital’s objectives and goals
- Have experience of multi-agency networking, project and budget management
- Have a broad knowledge base and experience of legal framework underpinning finance management of the Government of Ghana (GOG), Ministry of Finance (MOF) and other agencies
- Experience in Project financing, planning and appraisal etc.
How to Submit an Application for the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital Open Position
Interested candidates should kindly send hard copies of their Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae, Two-Page Document of Vision for KBTH and Copies of Relevant Documents to the Address Below:
THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE’S SECRETARIAT
KORLE BU TEACHING HOSPITAL
P. O. BOX 77
CLOSING DATE: 30TH NOVEMBER, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED