The World Health Organization (WHO) has a newly opened job opportunity,The service of a Medical Officer (Reproductive Maternal Newborn & CAH).
Description Of Duties
The incumbent will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Implement innovative ways of working to facilitate strong collaboration and linkages with programmes, clusters, and partners (WHO Collaborating Centers, research and teaching institutions, regional and sub regional economic entities, NGOs, etc.) to ensure that appropriate, efficient and timely support is provided to countries, even during emergencies.
- Provide technical leadership for the Reproductive Maternal Neonatal, Child and Adolescent Health and Healthy Ageing.
- Facilitate the dissemination of evidence-based guidelines, tools, norms and standards for quality RMNCAHA and Healthy Ageing services to contribute to Member States efforts to end all preventable maternal child and newborn morbidity, end mother-to-child transmission of preventable disease, and ensure universal access to Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights as well as enhance Health and wellness of older persons by 2030;
Essential: Medical degree with a post-graduate degree in Obstetrics and Gynaecology or Pediatrics and Child Health, or Public health.
Desirable: Training in Management, Leadership or Planning.
Essential: At least seven years’ experience at the national and/or international level planning, implementing, managing and evaluating programmes relevant to this post (Reproductive Health, Maternal Health, Newborn Health, Child Health, Adolescent Health, Healthy Ageing), with some experience in resource-limited countries.
Desirable: Field experience complemented by experience in negotiating, developing and maintaining effective partnerships and creating harmonized synergies and approaches. Experience in intergovernmental agencies or the UN System.
Recommended: Available Vacancy At Tullow Oil
- Demonstrated leadership, management and strong organizational skills combined with the ability to work with diverse teams and a broad range of partners.
- Proven track record in policy formulation and strategic planning, guidelines development, and reporting in the field of Maternal Neonatal Child and Adolescent Health, complemented by strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation of RMNCAHA programmes and projects
- Proven ability to innovate and to motivate, guide and foster national capacity building to advocate, communicate, disseminate and facilitate the implementation of RMNCAH and Healthy Ageing projects complemented by a track record in negotiating, developing and maintaining effective partnerships and creating harmonized synergies and approaches, with emphasis on resources mobilization.
Application Guide For WHO’s Job Opening
Closing Date: July 31, 2023, 4:59:00 PM
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED