Job Vacancy At FHI 360
FHI 360 is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party/Governance (hereafter referred to as DCOP/Governance) for an upcoming Resilience in Northern Ghana II (RING) project.
Deputy Chief of Party Details
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally-driven solutions.
Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Deputy Chief of Party/Governance (hereafter referred to as DCOP/Governance), for an upcoming Resilience in Northern Ghana II (RING) project in Ghana.
This Deputy Chief of Party position will be based in Tamale, Ghana.
Availability of the Deputy Chief of Party position is contingent upon funding and approval of key personnel.
Responsibilities (Job Vacancy At FHI 360):
- Supports the project’s Chief of Party (COP) in developing and implementing an overall vision and leadership for the project and the project team.
- Support the development of annual workplans, budgets and ensure successful implementation.
- Supports the projects COP in the technical and management responsibility for project personnel.
Provide technical leadership related to local governance and civic engagement elements.
- Work closely with other USAID-funded projects in ensuring alignment between nutrition and resilience strategies and needs of regional and district stakeholders
- Serve as one of the project leaders in representation to USAID/Ghana, the Ministry of Health, Ghana Health Service, other donors and institutions, technical agencies and other participating organizations as required.
- Support the drafting and editing of reports, press releases, communication products (flyers, posters, leaflets, booklets, health worker job aids, etc.) and other documents as required.
- Demonstrated ability to convert technically complex concepts into plain language desired.
- Leads the response to the specified deliverables, goals of contracts and grant agreements, ensuring achievements in a timely manner and in full support and compliance with FHI360 contractual requirements.
- Completes detailed strategy write-ups, work plans, and delivers quarterly reports and all other reporting requirements.
- Liaises and manages partner organizations involved in country program activities and builds capacity of local organizations and government counterparts through the development and implementation of capacity assessments, training courses, and other capacity strengthening activities.
- Responsible for the successful implementation of the project and for providing general program and technical direction as well as completion of required reports.
- Manage development of and monitors work plans and budgets; ensure appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations; coordinates partner efforts in program implementation; ensure appropriate program monitoring and reporting.
READ ON: Project Lead at Youth Challenge International
Deputy Chief of Party Qualifications:
- Minimum of a masters degree in public health, agriculture, international development, or a related field.
- 8 years project management experience preferably in the implementation and management of large nutrition and resilience projects, with demonstrated experience and knowledge of multi-sectoral nutrition programming.
- Extensive knowledge of the relevant health and socioeconomic issues in Ghana.
- Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID policies, procedures and approaches related to program design/implementation, grants management, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel locally and internationally as requested.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
APPLICATION PROCESS (Job Vacancy At FHI 360)
CLOSING DATE : October 30, 2021
This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED