There is a new job ad at Guinness. A Customs, Excise & Trade Compliance Junior Manager is needed at the institution.
This role is primarily responsible for driving trade compliance excellence in adherence to applicable regulations pertaining to global trade particularly in African countries as well as ensuring compliance with Diageo’s Policies and Standards.
- Be responsible to develop, implement and supervise local processes following global standards set by the Global Tax team.
- Support the Regional Head of Trade Compliance in analysing and interpreting government regulations, taking actions in highlighting potential needs to process change.
- Advise on trade compliance matters arising from pre or post-clearance, customs classification, free trade agreements and other functions within Diageo; work with external advisors where the interpretation or best resolution is unclear.
- Bring up critical issues arising from pre and post-entry audits and propose corrective actions required; work together with Global Tax Compliance team on long term corrective actions to detailed issues.
- Support Regional Head Trade Compliance team in identifying and delivering local projects about cost reduction and / or cost avoidance;
- Coordinate risk management process for the region, aligned with Diageo’s Global Risk Management Standards and supported by the Global Trade Compliance team;
- Support the Regional Head during official customs audits carried out in the markets which require regional / global support; be prepared to collaborate closely with Customs Authorities where vital;
- Assist with the implementation of new programs such as AEO or related compliance programs in African countries;
- Support with CARM controls and GAR audits for the region;
- Support with digitization and transformation projects, seeing opportunities for automation and applying technology to regional trade compliance matters where possible.
- Support Regional Trade Compliance team in delivering training on trade compliance matters to various departments across African markets, promoting a culture of trade compliance within the employees.
What You’ll Bring:
- Global Trade governance experience
- Handling risk and looking after enquiries and audits from customs and excise authorities
- 5-7 years of experience within a Global Trade/Supply function in a global multinational company is an advantage
- Experience of providing domestic and cross border technical advice
- Effective project management and implementation skills
- Good team working and interpersonal skills across diverse cultures
Locations: Budapest, Hungary/Achimota, Ghana
This Might Interest You: Latest Job Opening At Automation Ghana
How To Apply For Guinness Limited’s Job Ad
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED