Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide has announced a driving job for interested citizens in Ghana.
We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security. Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance
Employment promotion in Africa with the diaspora (WIDU.africa)” is a regional project that contributes to improving the employment and income situation in Africa. Start-up entrepreneurs and micro-entrepreneurs are supported by improved access to finance, through the topping-up of diaspora transfer of funds and adding capacity-building of entrepreneurial skills through local business coaching.
Scope of Driving Role:
- As a driver, you will be responsible for safely performing all official travel using official vehicles and regularly servicing and taking good care of official vehicles.
- Safely and responsibly performing all official travel using official vehicles.
- Reports need for servicing and carries out minor repairs.
- Takes account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes and locations.
- Always ensures unrestricted availability of vehicles and reports restrictions immediately.
- Completes the vehicle and maintenance log correctly and conscientiously in accordance with GIZ standards.
- Immediately reports all involvement of the project or office vehicle in accidents, including minor accidents, damage, loss or theft of vehicle fittings.
- Assists other colleagues as needed in the project, programme or office if there is no travel or chauffeur service pending, carries out other office work on request.
GIZ Ghana Qualification Required & Experience
- Secondary school education and holds a valid driver’s licence D.
- At least 1-3 years’ work experience as a driver with references, 1-3 years’ professional experience in a comparative role.
- No major accidents in the past 3 years.
- Good knowledge of the English language and other local dialects and familiarity with Ghana and the districts and regional capitals
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Disciplined and punctual with a good temperament (friendly manner with all passengers)
- Appropriate appearance and attire
- Team player who is willing to work together in the carpool system of GIZ.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed.
How To Apply For The Driving Job
Interested and suitable applicants for the Driving Vacancy are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to GIZ Ghana via:
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Job Code (2023/WIDU/06/01) in the subject line.
Closing Date: 07 July, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED