Ghana Prisons Service invites job applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians for enlistment in the Service.
- An applicant must be a Ghanaian
- Must be of good character and without any criminal record Be physically and medically fit by Prisons Service standards
- Must be between 21 and 30 years by 31 December 2021
- Must be between 21 and 35 years by 31 December 2021 (for artisans and professionals only)
- Minimum academic qualification of BECE with at least five/5 passes.
- Not have been dismissed from any public service or any other employment
- Must be of a minimum height of 1.68m (5’6″) for males and 1.57m (5’2″) for females
- Must be able to write and speak English fluently
- Have an active e-mail account and/or mobile phone number
- Must be ready to undergo basic Prisons training and other forms of training
- Must not be bonded.
- Must be registered with the appropriate professional body and hold a valid PIN (for medical category)
CATEGORIES & THEIR REQUIREMENTS
In addition to the General Eligibility, all applicants in this category must possess specific qualification as specified below.
(i) RADIO TECHNICIANS
Applicants must possess at least any of the following
a. NVTI 1&11/City and Guilds Certificate in Electronics NVTI 1&/City
b. Guilds Certificate in Telecommunication
(ii) INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT)
a. Network Administration
Applicants must possess at least N’ Certificate from a recognised Institution including knowledge in LINUX/Windows Server 2003, 2008 and above
b. Database Administration
Applicants must possess at least Certificate in My SOL, SOL and Oracle from a recognised Institution.
C. Web Designing
Applicants must possess at least Certificate in HTML, PHP, CSS, CMS, Adobe and Photoshop from a recognised Institution.
HOW TO APPLY
All recruitment and enlistment applications must be done online only. The application process is as follows
- Purchase an e-voucher at the cost of hundred Ghana Cedi (GH100.00) only through the following medium:
- At any GCB Bank Limited branch across the country or using the shortcode (USSD) *422*471# on your mobile phone.
- At any Consolidated Bank Ghans (CBG) branch across the country or using the shortcode (USSD) *924*200# on your mobile phone
- Use your Serial Number (SN) and Pin Code (PIN) to access the application form online at the website address https://www.applyghprisons.com/
- All applicants must have a passport size picture of dimensions 200x200pes of JPEG/JPG/PG with a size not exceeding 1.0MB ready to be uploaded
- Carefully read ALL INSTRUCTIONS before you apply
- The online application form is accessible only by the SN and PIN
- Keep your UNIQUE NUMBER on the summary report for all the stages of the recruitment and selection
- ALL correspondence with applicants will be done through e-mail, text messages and the e-recruitment portal only
- Only Short-listed Applicants will be invited for further stages of the recruitment and the enlistment exercise
RECRUITMENT AND ENLISTMENT PROCESS
- Applicants who meet the initial requirements will be shortlisted and invited to centres during the online application
- Short-listed applicants will be invited for the following:
- Physical and Body screening
- Inspection and verification of all necessary documents
- Aptitude Test
- Artisans, sportsmen/women and bandsmen who are successful in item 2 above will go through a competency-based assessment in Accra
- Applicants who are shortlisted after terms 2 and 3 above will undergo a medical examination at a medical facility selected by the Service
- Results submitted during the application process shall be verified at WAEC and other appropriate examination bodies
- Applicants who present false documents would he arrested and prosecuted
- Applicants who are successful in item 4 abowe will go through a thorough criminalan background check.
- Applicants who are cleared of criminal records will be invited to commence training.
- Sales of e-voucher commence on 25th August 2021 and end on 15th September 2021.
- Online registration starts on 25th August 2021 and ends on 20th September 2021.
The Ghana Prisons Service wishes to inform the general public against dealing with middlemen. Do not pay money to anyone except for the purchase of e-voucher at the designated banks.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED