A new application for job is currently open at the company, Old Mutual. They are looking for a Financial Accountant. This full time role is a specialised accounting position in business units and is mainly responsible for producing accurate monthly statements for statutory and management purposes. The incumbent is individually accountable for achieving results through own efforts
- Review control accounts and reconciliations.
- Ensure accurate reconciliations are done and followed up.
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule.
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status.
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
- Plan, assign and review work of more junior team members.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Working Capital Management and Analysis.
- Abreast with applicable International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and local tax system.
- Intermediate knowledge of advance excel and intermediate financial modelling.
- Prepare Financial Statement and related schedules
- Compile and populate records to Trial Balance level.
- Working knowledge of IFRS 17
- Preparation of Budgets and Variance Reports
- Prompt Filing and Payments of Statutory Taxes before due dates
- Maintain accurate investment schedules including impairment assessment
Competencies and Skills
- Information Monitoring
- Initiating Action
- Technical Knowledge
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Collaboration skills
- Works comfortably under pressure and meets tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in finance or accounting or related program from an accredited university
- Affiliation with related professional bodies will be an added advantage.
- Three or more years of work experience in a similar role is an added advantage
- Experience with budgeting, variance and management reports
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Location: Accra, Ghana
How To Submit A Job Request To Old Mutual
Deadline: 1st July, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED