British Council is looking to recruit a Facility Support Intern based in Kumasi, Ghana to support the Facility team.
With the support of the Facilities Manager, the intern’s duties will include:
Facilities and Asset Management
- Assist the Business Support Officer (BSO), Kumasi in updating of assets.
- Support in maintaining an up-to-date annual preventive maintenance schedule for assets and office equipment and follow up on all maintenance schedules for the office to ensure delivery.
- Assist the BSO to supervise the work of office cleaners and service providers to ensure quality work delivery.
- Assist in the coordination of all events setups at the Council.
- Assist BSO in venue and vendor site inspection.
- Ensure staff have all necessary stationery and working tools.
Health, Safety and Security
- Assist the BSO in maintaining British Council’s health, safety and security standards ensuring that fire safety regulations are met, and regular fire drills and first aid training are held with staff once a year.
- Support in the timely renewal of fire certificate for the premises and regular maintenance and testing of all fire facilities installed as required by regulation.
- Support the BSO to ensure regular checks and maintenance of CCTV cameras and other security installations for optimum functioning.
Essential: The ideal candidate should have:
- Minimum of HND/BSc in Engineering, Administration, or Facilities Management
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Be computer literate with proficiency in the use of MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Have an interest in Facilities management
Duration: 12 months
Remuneration and benefits: Competitive
Contract Type – Locally Engaged
Location – Kumasi, Ghana
Requirements – All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in country of application. The British Council will not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits.
How To Forward An Application For The Position: Facilities Support
Closing Date : 3rd July, 2023 (23:59 West Africa Time)
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED