The service of a new Director, Sports Directorate at the University of Ghana. The position holder will be reporting Registrar, University of Ghana.
The successful applicant will have oversight responsibility of the following:
- Ensure the development of sports and related activities.
- The organisation of sporting events.
- Liaise with external sports organisations.
- Oversee the management of the Sports Directorate.
- Advise the Academic Board on matters relating to the award of academic credit for students’ participation in sports.
- Organise sports clinics for members of the University.
- Represent the University on external sporting bodies.
- Prepare University teams for sporting events.
- The discharge of any other assignments that the Registrar may deem necessary.
Skills And Abilities
- Administrative and supervisory skills
- Strategic leadership
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- High proactive attitude and a good team player
- Good analytical skills
- Innovative, resourceful and reliable
- Experience in event planning and management
- Experience in facility and budget management
Also Check: Dean, University of Ghana Dental School
Qualification Required & Experience
The successful candidate must:
- Have a post graduate qualification in relevant areas of Sports Management/Administration, Education or other relevant field disciplines.
- Have at least 10 years of relevant post-qualification work experience.
- Have considerable strategic, interpersonal, managerial and collegial skills and should be able to function within the higher education sector.
- Have high-level analytical skills, business sense as well as a deep understanding and appreciation of the strategic and operational issues and challenges in top-level management and administration.
- Be conversant with and have experience in sports development and sport for development.
- Be performance-driven and must be keen to achieve results.
The person appointed Director, Sports Directorate shall hold office for a period of four years on terms and conditions recommended by the Appointments Board and is eligible for re-appointment for a further term of up to four years.
Application Process For The Position of Director At The Directorate
Submit the complete application pack addressed to the Registrar, University of Ghana, through: firstname.lastname@example.org (Electronic copy only). Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
The application pack should be submitted as a single PDF file and should contain the following:
- Completed application form for Senior Level Administrative Positions (UAB Form 1C) to be downloaded from the University’s website at www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd/.
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates.
- A statement of about 2,500 words (not more than five pages) indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its mission and vision.
- The UG strategic plan can be downloaded at: http://www.ug.edu.gh/pad/publication/ug-strategic-plan.
- Further information about the University of Ghana may be found on the university website at www.ug.edu.gh.
Closing Date: 17th November, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED