The position of a CIC Technician (Underground) is now open at AngloGold. They are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join their dedicated team.
Role Purpose And Context:
The CIC Technician – Underground is accountable for executing all planned and corrective maintenance on controls, communications and instrumentation underground (except winding) in a safe and compliant manner as instructed during refurbishment, later maintenance, of the Underground equipment and infrastructure.
The work is to be executed in accordance with detailed tasking in accordance with applicable Government of Ghana and AGAG safety and environmental requirements.
Recommended: Job Announcement At Epiroc
- Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
Conduct periodic audits of all CIC refurbishment, later maintenance within the Surface Mine Infrastructure
Conduct reviews of the refurbishment, later maintenance, of the CIC equipment to identify actions for continuous improvement
Assist the CIC Supervisor – Underground to develop condition monitoring routes and checks for correct functioning equipment
Execute refurbishment, later maintenance, work checks on a routine scheduled basis. This include visual checks, infrared data collection, ultrasonic data collection, motor current and flux data collection, simple NDT data collection, verification of output within calibration and specification;
Analyse and trend predictive maintenance data (vibration, IR, etc) to determine plant condition and report this condition for action;
Monitor general physical condition of CIC assets and report
Monitor preventive and corrective actions as necessary;
Execute repair work, where appropriate, on instrumentation, communication and control equipment
Generate work requests in SAP as required for refurbishment/maintenance, repair planning and scheduling
Ensure routine condition monitoring tasks are performed on all the rotating equipment by data collection using advanced portable data collectors and other tools according to the established schedules and also as per the plant requirements.
Gather information on vibration & other data collected in order to diagnose / troubleshoot rotating machinery problems.
Actively participate in maintenance review programmes and Root Cause Failure Analysis process of CIC equipment as per requirements.
Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
- Propose cost savings projects
- Execute work in a timely manner; coordinate refurbishment work contractors to time plan, escalate real or potential delays
- Monitor equipment performance on asset health system and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
Qualification And Experience:
- Secondary education level
- Certificate of successful completion of respected CIC trade apprenticeship (example:City and Guilds) preferably an apprenticeship in electronics repair for communications, instrumentation
- Electronics/instrumentation maintenance technician with 5+ years’ experience in, preferably, industrial instrumentation and controls
- Familiarity with the Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
- Fully literate and numerate
- Fully competent in CIC trade
How To Submit An Application For Anglogold’s CIC Technician (Underground) Position
Closing Date: 22nd March, 2023.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED