AngloGold Ashanti is seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Chief Geologist – Resource Evaluation.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Chief Geologist – Resource Evaluation is accountable for providing reliable Mineral Resource models for business planning purposes by maintaining and improving systems of work that will ensure integrity of base data, application of appropriate grade and tonnage estimation methods, and appropriate documentation of the entire process.
- Performs activities with minimal supervision.
- Operates in accordance with the company values, policies, standards and procedures.
- Proficient in a wide range of Resource modelling and geostatistical methods. Exposure to exploration practices, ore deposit development techniques and mine geology practices.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of international Resource and Reserve codes.
- Has exposure to in risk assessment, contractor management, budgeting & project management.
- Provides appropriate supervision, coaching and performance management for direct reports.
- Fosters a positive team environment.
- Applies experience in Resource modelling to identify improved methods of estimation to bring increased accuracy to Resource models.
- Reviews Resource models for upside opportunity and risk and either addresses these or informs appropriate disciplines.
- Assists in the development of Blue Sky models to identify future opportunity
- Reviews LOM plans relative to Resource models and determines risk/opportunity in the plan.
- Schedules work to meet planning requirements.
- Ensures that appropriate Resource standards are met, both internally and for reporting codes.
- Coordinates programmes in collaboration with colleagues and other internal stakeholders to ensure optimal utilisation of available resources.
- Seeks advice and resources from colleagues, supervisors and regional or corporate specialists.
- Improves plans by re-evaluating and reconciling results against performance
- Partakes in programme implementation to achieve deadlines with minimal Resource risk.
- Demonstrates leadership in safety, stewardship of the environment & cultural heritage and effective stakeholder engagement.
- Ensures appropriate controls are in place to manage identified risks.
- Ensures that appropriate Resource methods are used across the range of geological activities. This includes assay techniques, density determinations and volumetric methods.
- Supervises direct reports, field personnel and contractors
- Supports Geology Manager to develop and implementation the site strategic plan for the mine.
- Develops annual budgets and objectives for area of responsibility and monitors performance.
- Understands mining and metallurgical methods and aligns Resource models to those.
- Uses cost-benefit thinking to set priorities and identifies cost-effective approaches.
- Demonstrates understanding of the role mine geology and exploration plays in the broader business
- Effectively identifies and manages relationships with key internal & external stakeholders.
- Takes internal and external stakeholder expectations into account when making decisions.
- Seeks input from key stakeholders when making decisions and solving problems
Data Interpretation & Reporting
- Ensures the collection, management and interpretation of relevant data to a high standard.
- Supports Geology Manager in external or internal audit processes.
- Interprets complex data and makes objective assessments on Evaluation methods and Resource potential.
- Supports conclusions with accurate information and analysis.
- Prepares accurate high quality internal, external and statutory reports.
- Effectively presents results of Resource models to peers and supervisors
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc. or MSc. in Geology
- Minimum 7 years of experience.
- Broad experience in geostatistical and Resource modelling methods.
- Supervisory experience.
Basic Understanding and Application of the following is required:
- Safety Leadership
- Exploration Methods
- Geological Theory
- Operational Management
- Applied Geological Methods
- Drilling (BU)
- Sampling (AA)
- Logging (BU)
- Mapping (BU)
- Coreyard (BU)
- Assaying (AA)
- Database (BA)
- Equipment (AA)
- Mine Geology Methods.
- Plan (AA)
- Mining and Plant (AA)
- Ore loss and dilution (AA)
- Grade Control (AA)
- Ore Accounting (BA)
- Geotechnical and Geohydrological (BU)
- Estimation Methods
- Advanced Application of Estimation Methods is required:
- Linear Geostatistics (AA)
- Non Linear Geostatistics (AA)
- Simulation Techniques (AA)
- Global Estimation(AA)
- Software application:
- Studio RM (AA)
- Isatis (AA)
- Leapfrog Geo (AA)
- Blockbuster (AA)
Advanced Application of the following is required:
- Business Planning
- Operational Excellence
- Project Management
- Fostering a team environment – Inspiring and Motivating Others, promoting Collaboration and Team work, Developing Others, Communicating prolifically.
- Managing oneself – Taking ownership of one’s personal development.
- Building Effective Working Relationships – The ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship.
- Building Trust & Accountability – Displaying high levels of integrity and honesty.
- Creating Organizational Transformation – Displaying strategic perspectives in adapting plans for achieving organizational objectives
- Maximizing Performance Results – Solving Problems and Analyzing Issues, Driving for Results
How To Submit an Application for the Chief Geologist (Resource Evaluation) at AngloGold
Deadline: January 16, 2023
You may also check:
- Electrical Technician (Winders) At AngloGold
- Business Improvement Data Technician at AngloGold
- Closure Officer at AngloGold Ashanti Limited
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED