MTN is hiring for the position of Analyst, BI & Reporting at the Department of Business Intelligence & Analytics. The titleholder reports to the Head, Business Intelligence & Analytics.
The Analyst BI & Reporting is responsible for providing Business Intelligence to key functions using effective and efficient reporting techniques. The role is required to make use of systems, tools and methodologies that enhance reporting capabilities and help make informed business decisions. The role works in an agile environment, in a project-based team structure, coordinating with managers and specialists to respond to business requirements by developing and deploying new age reporting solutions. Performs other duties as assigned by Head BI & Analytics.
- Evolution and highly competitive Fintech Industry
- Multi regulated and multifaceted stakeholder management
- Environmental, social and governance prioritized
- Partnerships at the core of business practices
- Increasing demand for Fintech/digital experiences decisions to keep up with customers.
- Performance driven environment
- Global and MTN Group Fintech standards and best practices
- Active media engagement and brand reputation
- Convergence in markets and exploration of non-traditional revenue streams requiring complex interpretation and structuring
- Agile ways of working
- Obtain, document, and analyze reporting needs and requirements through collaboration with department leaders and BI & Analytics team
- Translate reporting needs into production reports and dashboards
- Work across functional lines to strive for and ensure consistent data quality
- Conduct continuous review of reports and identify opportunities for improvements with the aim of minimizing redundant reporting and development of single source of truth where possible
- Develop and maintain dashboards to visualize data utilizing Power BI, Tableau etc.
- Automate data preparation and report creation where possible
- Development of ad-hoc reports as necessary
- Provide increased focus on analytics and emphasize on providing valuable insights to drive improvement opportunities
- Build understanding of business and operational strategies and identify critical metrics required to support those strategies
- Perform analysis and develop recommendations for continuous improvement opportunities
- Ability to handle various data sources, using data modeling work to develop reporting capabilities and valuable insights across these data sources is key
- Where required, escalate unsolvable issues to Head BI & Analytics in a timeous manner
- Performs Other tasks and duties, as assigned by line Manager
- Minimum of a university Degree in Statistics, Data Visualization/reporting or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience
- Experience in Fintech, banking or Telecom is preferred
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise with a good understanding of emerging markets is preferred
- Experience in data analysis and management, business performance management and BI within the Fintech industry
- Knowledge of modern Big Data platforms and Open-Source solutions to database, data analysis, and data management
- Experience working across global locations/ regions and have a grasp of political, social, infrastructure and integrity challenges
- Deep knowledge and experience in data reporting/visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Deep knowledge and experience in data analytics tools (SQL, Python, SAS, etc.)
- Big data and analytics
- Data mining & modelling
- Data interpretation
- Data visualization & Reporting
- Statistical Analysis
- Quantitative Analytics
- Financial acumen
- Forecasting/predictive Analytics,
- Multivariate testing & optimization algorithm
- Business intelligence systems and tools
- Data science toolkits (SAS, R, SPSS)
Mode Of Application For The Slot Of Reporting Analyst At MTN
- Write the vacancy Ref no: MMLBIRE11 in the subject of the email and ensure that CVs are saved in their names.
- Applications without the subject and CVs saved in their names will automatically be disqualified.
- AllCurriculum Vitae should be sent by 18th December 2023 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED