The service of a Agribusiness Advisor is needed at TBI. The incumbent will be embedded in the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries (MAPAH), to support the development of Togo’s agricultural transformation, with a focus on private sector development.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Support the Ministry for the implementation of agribusiness flagship projects in the agriculture sector, including but not limited to supporting the development and effective implementation of agribusiness parks
- Assist the Ministry in prioritizing most transformative value chains (at both crop and downstream product level) with export potential, and developing delivery systems and tools to ensure effective implementation of adequate policy measures;
- Supporting the Ministry’s efforts to improve the enabling environment, business ecosystems and policy framework for the highest priority export-oriented value chains;
- Identify institutional gaps that need to be addressed to attract investment into promoting local agro-processing products and improving access to markets.
- Work alongside TBI colleagues, government counterparts and international partners to undertake key value chain analysis and implementation support;
- Help improving access to markets for Togolese agriculture produce with a focus on strengthening local agribusiness SMEs;
- Support the improved packaging of investment projects into agro-processing for export and high-value local transformation;
- Assist the MAPAH in its interactions with international agribusiness investors;
- Support the TBI Country Head and other team members on various strategic initiatives, including contributing to skills development of local analysts and capacity-building programs.
They are looking for outstanding individuals with a proven track record of delivery in the public or private sectors. The successful candidate will thrive in an environment where the importance of personal initiative coupled with teamwork is critical. Role must be filled by an individual who can move to, live and work in Togo ; TBI will assist with the work permit. Above all s/he will build effective relationships, win trust, and help shape and influence change in government.
- Significant experience working on Agriculture Transformation Programmes or investment promotion work in emerging markets especially in Sub Saharan Africa and or similar contexts, including but not limited to issues related to international trade, private investment, commercial agriculture, market linkages and value chain development;
- Experience facilitating and attracting companies to invest in agro-processing in emerging markets for export.
- Extensive conceptual and methodological skills and in applying qualitative and quantitative research methods;
- Experience in the development and implementation of project management and/or matrix frameworks;
- Experience in institutional development and organisational change management, including process and system design;
See Also: Job Opportunity At Ghana Food Movement
Competencies and skills
- Excellent in building and managing effective relationships, including the ability to navigate a complex political environment. Experience working in Africa is desirable;
- Ability in influencing, coaching and delivering change through others;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, strategic planning and decision-making capabilities;
- A creative and entrepreneurial approach to overcoming barriers and making change happen, and the ability to cope in an emotionally demanding environment;
- Strong team player with outstanding team management skills;
- Self-starter, motivated and proactive with solutions;
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice;
- Fluency in French and English is required.
How To Submit An Application For Agribusiness Advisor At TBI
Closing Date: 1st March, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED