Spotify is a very popular music streaming platform that gives people access to its millions of songs database when they sign-up. There are millions of songs and podcasts on the platform that you can listen to for free.
However, just like YouTube which is popular for its Video streaming services, Spotify doesn’t allow users to download MP3 files to their devices. Although, you can download a copy from Spotify as a premium user, that you can listen to when you’re offline but will not be able to store on your device.
Certainly, you can bypass this and download MP3 songs from Spotify. In this guide, you will learn How to Download Songs from Spotify to MP3.
Before we proceed, this guide will explain two methods of downloading from Spotify; one that can be accessed offline on the app and the other that can be saved on your devices sent to other people and used as mobile ring tones or for other purposes.
How to Download Songs on Spotify
The download option is only available for Premium Spotify users. So, if you would like to have a taste of this, you will need to opt-in for the premium Spotify account. However, the second option coming your way soon is an alternative to this.
To download Spotify Music, proceed to the steps below.
Steps to Download Songs on Spotify
- Launch the Spotify app on your device.
- Now, find any song you like and proceed to add it to your playlist
- Then, go to your library and tap the playlist you have added the song.
- Look out for a tab in the upper-right to activate the download. The process will take the entire list offline.
You have just activated the download option on Spotify and songs can now be downloaded so as to be reused on the app without data, they can’t be used outside the app.
Also, you can access the stored files for songs in your device storage, although you can’t use them outside the app. You can also change the download location to external storage if you have more space on it.
To change the download location, follow Settings >> Configuration section >> Storage >> Storage Options >> SD card.
If by chance, you change your mind and would like to deactivate download on the Spotify app, you only need to follow the previous steps again.
How to Download Songs from Spotify to MP3
- Internet Download Manager (IDM) or AllToMP3 software
To download songs, you need to use a third-party app that will serve as your downloader. The best app for this is the Internet Download Manager (IDM) or AllToMP3 software.
IDM when installed, lets you download all media files easily to your device. It makes use of a browser add-on to display an overlay tab on the screen for a quick download option. Although, you will have to specify the formats you want your files downloaded and the quality when initiating a download process.
IDM works for Spotify, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media platform.
AllToMP3 software also provides download options for media files on social sites but automatically download as MP3 and you do not have to choose a format for your files.
Steps to Download Using Internet Download Manager (IDM)
- Install IDM for your PC from here.
- Launch your favourite browser and visit the addon page. Find IDM addon and install. This addon will automatically detect media items on your pages as you browse as display an overlay to start the download.
- If you are listening to any song on Spotify and would like to download it, just find and click the overlay.
- You can then rename the song file and choose the download path.
- Then, click download and the download process will start immediately.
Steps to Download Using AllToMP3
- You can download the AllToMp3 software directly from AllToMP3 website, then install and launch.
- Next is to find a song on Spotify and click on Share, then Copy link. The link to the songs is automatically copied.
- Launch the app installed and paste the link you have just copied.
- Click enter and the song will begin to download.
- You can see the downloaded MP3 files in downloads on your PC. Also, the downloaded song can be played across devices and media players, and can be shared with friends too.
How to Download Songs from Spotify to MP3 Using Allavsoft Video and Music Downloader
Allavsoft is a professional yet easy-to-use Video and Music Downloader.
- Allavsoft software
Key Features of Allavsoft
- It can batch download video, subtitles, and music files from YouTube, Vimeo, Spotify, Soundcloud, Twitter, Facebook, Dailymotion, nbcnews, CNN, BBC, Acorn TV, ESPN, PBS, Crunchyroll, etc 1000+ websites.
- It supports directly download to MP4, MP3, AVI, WAV, MOV etc any video or audio formats.
- Allavsoft supports adding multiple video URLs and batch downloading and converting multiple videos at a time.
- When downloading web video files, this wonderful Video Downloader will automatically detect advertisements and does not download them.
- There is a built-in video player in Allavsoft for us to preview and playback the downloaded video files.
- It also has the Record option.
- It is easy to use.
Steps to Download Online Videos and Music files to Computer Using Allavsoft
Step 1: Copy and paste the video or music link to Allavsoft.
Step 2: Click the Download button.
Steps to Convert Online Videos and Music files to Video or Audio Format.
Step 1: Copy and paste the video or music link to Allavsoft.
Step 2: Check before Automatically Convert to select desired video format like MP4, AVI, WMV, MPG, MKV, MOV, VOB, RMVB, FLV etc from General Video or select MP3, WAV, M4A, FLAC, AAC, AIFF, WMA, OGG etc from General Audio category. Then, click the Download button.
This ends the discussion on how to download songs from Spotify to MP3. If you found this post helpful, feel free to tell me what you think and remember to share with friends.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED