The management of the University of Ghana (UG) Legon has finally released the names of successful applicants who have been offered admissions for the 2021/2022 academic session.
Successful persons can now proceed to the next step in printing their Admission Letter among others.
In this article, you will learn more about the University of Ghana Freshers Information; Specifically, What to do After gaining Admission into the Prestigious Institution.
University of Ghana Freshers Information; Why is it Necessary?
The information is necessary because most admitted students usually get confused on what step to take next after gaining admission to the school.
This post seeks to assist admitted students on how to become registered students at The University of Ghana (UG), Legon.
University of Ghana Freshers Information; What to do After gaining Admission
After Confirming the Admission status, below are the next steps to take to get you successfully registered;
- Printing of provisional admission letter
- Online Selection of Hall of Residence/Residential Status
- Payment of Academic and Residential Fees
- Academic & Residential Registration
- Reporting at the Hall
- Registration of Foreign Students (This step is for Foreign students only)
- Course/Examination Registration – Done after orientation
1. PRINTING OF PROVISIONAL ADMISSION LETTER
All admitted students are required to visit the University’s website with their admission Serial Number and Pin to download their Admission Letter. For steps on how to download the Admission letter, Click Here.
2. SELECTION OF HALL OF RESIDENCE
- Students who have been admitted will be given online access to select their hall of residence and room.
- The list of halls available and charges or Amount to pay for rooms are available on the University’s website.
- Take Note that Students who do not pay their fees within 24 hours after selection will forfeit their selected rooms.
- Students wishing to be non-resident will also be required to indicate this online.
- Students will be required to print out their Residence Allocation letter.
3. PAYMENT OF FEES
All students (Main Campus/Accra City Campus/Distance Education/Korle-Bu) are to pay their Academic Fees and, where applicable, Residential Fees at any branch of Standard Chartered Bank or ECOBANK with cash only. Ensure that you quote correctly your Student ID Number on all the pay-in-slips (using a Fee Paying Voucher). Ensure that the information captured by the teller is accurate before leaving the banking hall.
Please note that online registration can only be done 48hours after payment has been made. Check here for the University of Ghana Fees Schedule.
4. ACADEMIC & RESIDENTIAL REGISTRATION
Go through the online Academic and Residential registration 48 hours after paying fees
It can be done through the University website on any computer with an internet connection.
For the Online Registration Steps, Click here
NOTE THAT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO UNDERTAKE ACADEMIC REGISTRATION UNLESS YOU HAVE PAID IN FULL THE ACADEMIC FEES FOR THE YEAR AND RESIDENTIAL FEES FOR THE FIRST SEMESTER.
5. REPORTING AT HALL OF RESIDENCE
All fresh students are expected to report to Campus on the date which will be communicated accordingly.
Upon arrival, proceed to the Hall of Residence selected with your
- Proof of Academic Registration
- And Proof of Residential Registration
6. REGISTRATION OF FOREIGN STUDENTS
Upon arrival on campus, all foreign students should report for registration at the Office of International Programmes to complete registration.
7. COURSE/EXAMINATION REGISTRATION
Students will be shown how to undertake course and examination registration during orientation.
By now, we strongly believe you are now conversant with the University of Ghana Freshers Information and What to do After gaining Admission.
If this post was helpful, kindly share to inform others and keep visiting this website for informative articles like this.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED