New Position at NewMont Mining Corporation.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role:
- Are you able to execute field-oriented exploration assignments to identify gold resources that has the potential of becoming mine able reserves?
New Position at NewMont Mining Corporation – In This Role You Will:
- Remain abreast of current developments in the geological field through industry, government contacts and review of literature and professional organizations.
Communication and Collaboration
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of any issues relating to the local communities and communicate any security concerns.
- Interact effectively with all other Company groups or teams to support company needs, in a timely manner, with flexibility, and using best practices.
Data Collection and Processing
- Collect and record and assist with interpretation of geological and geotechnical data including field mapping of geological, geomorphological and regolith characteristics, and pit, trench plus drill hole logging.
- Input data (field mapping observations, drill hole logging) into database and GIS software.
- Provide interpretation of GIS of multiple data sets and plan follow-up programs.
- Contribute towards the planning and interpreting geophysical programs.
- Prepare the monthly activity reports.
- Provide data for monthly technical reports.
- Monitor day today technical drilling operations for compliance and safety.
- Deliver own prescribed outcomes and/or provide support services by following Newmont’s Health and Safety systems and protocols.
- Oversee that all work carried out adheres to Health and Safety standard operating procedures.
- Conduct daily meetings to discuss Health and Safety threats.
- Identify and resolve safety issues within area of responsibility.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology.
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years’ experience in mineral exploration works.
- The ability to establish the level of competence of a person against set standards.
- The ability to communicate effectively and efficiently at all levels in the organization.
- The ability to apply the principles of problem solving techniques to identify and resolve a problem in the best interest of all stakeholders.
- The ability to accurately give an account of information pertaining to the performance of outputs.
- Intermediate to advance software understanding of ArcGIS, Leapfrog, Vulcan and / or MineSight.
- Advance level of written and spoken English.
- Attention to details.
- Results driven.
- Quality oriented.
- Position is located at the Akyem mine.
- Position requires majority of time spent in field or logging area. Time spent in the office is for data processing and interpretation as required.
New Position at NewMont Mining Corporation – How To Apply
Closing Date : 10th Dec. 2021
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED