Job opportunity at Software Technical Writer. Bewsys is an IT firm that truly understands sustainability. We create impactful software solutions that help achieve sustainable development. Our mission is to work with inspired people to deliver life-changing software solutions that enrich lives and transform organizations. Bewsys is looking for a Software Technical Writer.
Bewsys has a successful track record with UNDP, UNICEF, UNOPS, IOM, FAO, USAID, The World Bank, Jhpiego, Chemonics, Proforest, World Cocoa Foundation, Association of African Universities (AAU), bilateral and other multilateral organizations.
JOB PURPOSE/ JOB SUMMARY
The successful candidate will be responsible for perusing shortlisted RFP documents, preparing and submitting the Technical section of bids. The write up should include all technical and non-technical conceptual diagrams as well as system architecture specifications to demonstrate to potential clients that we fully understand and have the capacity to deliver the solution they require.
- Research, outline, write and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements.
- Determine the clearest and most logical way to present information for the greatest reader comprehension.
- Generate innovative ideas for content and workflow solutions.
- Meet with subject-matter experts to ensure specialized topics are appropriately addressed.
- Analyze information required for the development or update of policy, procedure and form documentation.
- Review and/or copyedit content developed by other members of the team.
- Make all write-ups as clear as possible and tailor them to the appropriate audience. As such, they need to know the technical language and have the ability to adapt text and visuals to any of several different audiences, such as members of other teams, members of other departments, managers, and customers.
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage.
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum us ability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation.
- Predict the human resource required to execute the project with estimated costing and duration.
- Predict duration of execution should the human resources requirement presented be acquired.
- 2-4 years’ Industry experience as an effective technical writer.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics.
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Experience working with engineering to improve the user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization.
- Previous software development experience.
- Must be a critical thinker and have problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work both as an individual and in a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Fair knowledge of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Knowledge of the firm.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Possess a self-learning attitude.
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date: Ongoing
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED