There is a New Job Vacancy At World Bank. The bank is interested in hiring a Senior Energy Specialist.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Lead the Bank’s energy policy dialogue with the authorities, development partners and other sector stakeholders, on the implementation of ongoing energy sector reforms and others strategic energy issues
- Lead the identification, preparation and supervision of specific energy investment operations and coordinate operations that are led by other task team leaders working on the same country to fully support the client needs in a harmonized manner – including in regulatory reforms, power utilities reform, energy access, energy efficiency and renewable energy, Public Private Partnership investments in infrastructure projects and regional integration projects.
See Also: SHS/Degree Jobs At UNDP
- Lead analytical and advisory work in the energy sector and related areas to inform sector dialogue and operations including political economy and macro-fiscal aspects.
- Contribute to the Maximizing Finance for Development (MFD) approach. The AFR Energy team is a key contributor to the WBG strategy for MFD with the objective to help countries maximize their development resources by drawing on a range of financing sources and sustainable private sector solutions.
- Lead teams and provide guidance and mentoring to junior staff on operational, policy dialogue and analytical activities.
- Actively contribute to the dissemination of our activities, within the WBG and in external events. Provide inputs to operational products/outputs for sector and country briefings, analytical and advisory reports and studies, portfolio performance and monitoring reviews, and liaison between the energy and extractives practice and the country unit on energy issues.
Recommended: Massive End of Year Recruitment At YEA
- Master’s degree in engineering, energy planning/economics, business administration, or equivalent areas relevant for energy/extractives sector development;
- At least 8 years of combined experience in the World Bank, other international institutions and/or companies, government agencies, and/or power sector utilities with consistent record of successful engagement with complex projects;
- Understanding of energy policies, regulations, technologies or strategies, private sector participation, and institutional development needed to support development and for the success of project and analytic work; experience leading and/or playing key roles in policy dialogue with clients and partners;
- Strong experience in planning, designing, and implementing power infrastructure projects including renewable energy generation, transmission and distribution, and on-grid and off-grid electrification and access projects; Hands-on experience with infrastructure projects with power sector utilities will be a distinct advantage;
- Strong knowledge of at least one of relevant thematic business lines such as Energy Access; Economics, Markets & Institution; Energy Efficiency; Renewable Energy; Energy Finance; Hydropower; Power Systems & Technologies.
- A consistent track record in carrying out high quality and timely analytical reports and activities would be advantageous;
- Experience working on World Bank or other International Financial Institutions (IFIs) lending and non-lending operations is desirable; including knowledge and experience with fiduciary and safeguards policies and application.
- Active listening skills, excellent interpersonal skills, able to influence the audience and build positive relationships with clients, different partners and colleagues across units and departmental boundaries in a multi-cultural environment with disperse teams located in different countries.
- Experience working with large global teams, producing high-quality results and outputs with minimal supervision; Proven record of teamwork and ability to lead and mentor junior staff, to advise and guide senior staff in your core skills, to produce high-quality policy and project related written outputs with autonomy and in a highly visible country profile;
- High level of excitement, ability to work independently, taking initiative, and flexibility in quickly adjusting to changing work program requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including an ability to communicate complex issues in simple terms and to engage in evidence-based dialogue with clients.
- Full proficiency in spoken and written French and English.
- Plantation Worker Jobs in Malaysia
- SHS Graduate Job Vacancy At Anglogold
- Remote Jobs At Euro Exim Bank
How To Submit An Application For The World Bank New Job Vacancy
To apply, click on this Link
Deadline: 20th December, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED