International Justice Mission (IJM) is a fast growing international organization working to protect some of the most vulnerable and oppressed people from violent forces of injustice by securing rescue and restoration for victims and ensuring public justice systems work for the poor. IJM is seeking a law enforcement specialist who will be responsible for conducting and monitoring human trafficking investigations with Ghana Police and securing reliable, timely and actionable information concerning victims and perpetrators of criminal activity within the project area. This position requires frequent travel.
• Investigate matters of human trafficking on Volta Lake;
• Conduct collaborative and independent surveillance to locate victims and suspects;
• Recruit and maintain a network of operatives and informants who provide reliable, timely and actionable information regarding cases of forced labor trafficking on the lake;
• Assist investigation team in strategizing human trafficking investigations;
• Write detailed, daily investigative reports;
• Assist in the planning of rescue and arrest operations;
• Train on international best practices in criminal investigations.
• Assist IJM in building relationships of mutual trust and benefit with Ghana Police officials and non-government actors;
• Assist in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of strategies and best practices for effective IJM-assisted investigations and interventions on behalf of victims;
• Serve, if necessary, as a witness within criminal court;
• Comply with all IJM, government, and donor requirements;
• Work with the IJM legal team to ensure successful prosecutions in court; and
• Carry out additional assignments as required by the Manager, Justice Sector or her designee.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferred but not required;
• Minimum 5 years employment with the Ghana Police Service or similar law enforcement entity;
• Fluency and professionalism in oral and written communication in English as well as Ga Dangme or Ewe;
• Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office applications preferred but not required; and
• No criminal record
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Willingness to work under potentially hazardous conditions;
• Meticulous attention to detail;
• Disciplined with priorities;
• Patient and able to work well under stress;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, personable, with a heart for service and sustained positive attitude;
• Punctual; manages time and resources effectively;
• Diplomatic, flexible, and mature in judgment;
• Effective team player and leader; and
• Evident passion to help people suffering injustice and oppression.
How To Apply For The Job
Send Cover Letter, Resume, & Statement of Faith By E-mail to:
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.
Closing Date: 08 October, 2021
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED