The ILO seeks to recruit a National Project Officer at the NO-B level to support the implementation of the Accelerator Lab 8.7 programme on intensifying action against forced labour in the fishing sector through innovation.
The programme, which has global, regional and national components, is funded by the Norwegian Agency for Development & Cooperation (NORAD).
At the national level, the programme will be implemented in Ghana over a period of 30 months. Other target countries include South Africa and Indonesia.
- The Finance/ Administrative Assistant shall provide administrative and financial support to the Accelerator Lab 8.7 programme on intensifying action against forced labour in the fishing sector through innovation.
- Assist in the preparation of budget estimates and expenditure, forecasts.
- Assist in processing payment requests and maintaining project financial transactions in accordance with the ILO financial rules and regulations;
- Collect quotations, draft contracts and agreements with partners and suppliers
- Assist in providing information to project’s Implementing Partners on ILO administrative and financial procedures. Inform potential difficulties that may arise from the administrative and finance management
- Perform administrative tasks, including logistical support to the project personnel, travel arrangements (including TA request), visas, hotel reservation, etc., and provide logistics arrangements for meetings, conferences, seminars, and workshops
- Provide support for incoming and outgoing missions, and provide briefing materials and support to project staff undertaking project activities.
- Assist in drafting terms of reference for project external collaboration contracts and service contracts under the guidance of National Project Officer and Programme Manager.
- Review project documentation for clarity and consistency as required.
- Organize data and information, prepare and maintain records and documents.
- Participate in regular coordination meetings together with the National Project Officer and the Global Coordinator of the Accelerator Lab 8.7 programme on the timely implementation of the activities in Ghana.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the National Project Officer and the Director of the Country Office.
- Completion of secondary school education, plus formal training in accounting and/or finance and administrative field from a recognized school.
- Five years of professional experience in the finance and administrative field.
- Fluency in English, both oral and written is required. A working knowledge of relevant local language is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of administrative procedures and accounting principles, ability to search and retrieve information from central databases and compile reports, operate computer program and software packages for various administrative actions,
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with officials at all levels and ability to work accurately with administrative data.
- Good knowledge of the ILO administrative and personnel rules, regulations, practices and procedures.
- Good knowledge of national/local laws and regulations Relevant to the conduct of financial and administrative matters.
- Excellent team spirit, as part of a diverse team based in Ghana, regionally and internationally.
- Excellent analytical skills. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Good negotiation skills. Ability to clarify information.
- Proven ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as a member of a team.
- Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy.
- Must display a high standard of ethical conduct and exhibit honesty and integrity.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes
Candidates assessed by the Panel and considered eligible for appointment but who are not selected for this vacant post may be offered an assignment to another position at the same or lower grade provided that they meet the minimum qualifications required.
Closing Date: Ongoing
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED