There is a new job vacancy for the position of Environmental and Social Risk Coordinator at Deloitte.
As such, the coordinator shall be required to strengthen and manage all E&S related policies, procedures, and manuals. He shall also be able to conduct the E&S appraisal of the prospective projects, as well as the ongoing supervision of E&S performance of the current projects’ portfolio, consistent with the approved ESMS policies, procedures, and manuals.
See Also: Job Advertisement At Binance
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an identical or similar role in a financial institution or consultancy firm.
- Minimum of a relevant master’s degree from a recognized University.
- Interest in and broad knowledge of environmental and social issues related to infrastructure development projects including, but not limited to, climate change and gender issues.
- Knowledge of international environmental and social safeguards and policies
- Professional certification in environmental and social risk management e.g. IEMA, SCR, etc.
- Evidence of experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Experience in reporting to DFIs on E&S in the past.
- Ability to draft high quality presentations and documentation.
- Ability to convey information clearly, accurately, and succinctly.
4. KEY RESULT AREAS
- Assist in providing comprehensive Environmental Risk Management strategy to ensure that Environmental & Social Risk Management Program is implemented and retained.
- Operationalize the ESMS framework that has been developed for the institution.
- Support in driving the education, communication, and implementation of the ESMS.
- Review and update the E&S Policy and Tools.
- Monitor changing laws, regulations and corporate directives relating to E&S and update the relevant documentation.
- Review all available information and documentation (material) related to project environmental and social impacts and hazards, conduct an E&S appraisal of all prospective projects, as well as the ongoing supervision of E&S performance of portfolio projects consistent with the material and company’s policies and procedures.
- Conduct on-site due diligence, site inspections, review facility-based records, and interview relevant stakeholders for the purpose of identifying any E & S issues.
- Analyze project environmental and social performance in relation to the institution’s Environmental and Social policy, including IFC Performance Standards.
- Provide guiding reports to management on the E & S issues identified and the corresponding actions that will be necessary for the company to invest in a project.
- Assist in ensuring full implementation of the Environmental, Social and Governance Policy as approved by the Board of Directors
- Assist in the development of the company’s Environmental Risk standards and guidelines to support the institution’s activities.
- Assist in educating and training both staff and project sponsors to imbibe Environmental & Social Risk Management culture
- Assisting in developing and maintaining a centralized platform that will support the Bank’s Environmental Risk Management Policy and process.
- Assist the company in completing the Green Climate Fund’s accreditation process, and more generally assist in accreditation and certification of the institution to globally accepted standards
- Co-ordinate reporting of Environment Risk Management performance information.
- Focal person in drafting terms of reference for environmental and social due diligence consultants
- Assist in the review and sign off on all investment proposals to ensure compliance with the provisions of the ESME policy and must ensure that such proposals are not included in the internationally recognized and legally mandated Exclusion List
How To Submit An Application To Deloitte For Environmental and Social Risk Coordinator
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED