There is a job vacancy for Director for Customs Administration At AfCFTA.
Purpose of Job:
Responsible for the operations of the entire directorate/department. Plan, develop and implement strategic policies while promoting inter- directorate/department collaboration. Provide technical and strategic advice to the Secretary General and to the AfCFTA Institutions.
See: Factory Work in Ireland with Visa Sponsorship
- Develop and maintain operating rules and procedures.
- Provide technical leadership and ensure efficient functioning of all Divisions.
- Ensure overall management of the directorate/department personnel, budget, performance, quality, discipline and training in conformity with relevant rules and procedures in force.
- Determine and execute the overall strategy of the directorate.
- Develop and oversee policy development guidelines.
- Prepare and oversee integrated programmes of overall activities of the directorate.
- Build and maintain a strategic plan to form good working relations with other directorates/departments.
- Develop and maintain regular working relations with top level stakeholders in appropriate agencies of Member States and partners.
- Organize coordination meetings between the organization and other relevant organizations.
- Ultimately responsible for preparing periodic financial and budget execution reports and annual financial statements and other reports.
- Promote awareness and training of best practices in area of expertise.
- Develop Strategic Framework, Standard Operation Procedures that enhance trade facilitation and enforcement for Customs Cooperation
- Engage with State Parties, stakeholders and partners on custom matters and the implementation of trade facilitation measures
- Coordinate State Parties towards building efficient customs procedures, trade facilitation and transit systems
- Liaise with relevant national bodies on Custom cooperation and mutual administrative assistance
- Spearhead the establishment of modern data processing systems to facilitate effective and efficient custom operation and transmission of trade data
- Lead the Secretariat services for Directors-General/ Heads of Customs Committee and the Sub-Committee on Trade Facilitation, Customs Cooperation and Transit and other relevant meetings on Customs
- Monitor and report on the implementation of the customs-related provisions of the AfCFTA Agreement including the Annexes on Customs Cooperation, Trade Facilitation and Transit, administration of Rules of Origin, and resolution of related non-tariff barriers
- Lead activities related to the establishment of the African Continental Customs Union
- Determine and execute Directorate strategy and align to the AfCFTA overall Strategy
Also See: Exciting Job Postings At Doughman Foods
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience:
- University Master’s degree in international trade, development economics, international relations, international business, international law, Political Science or relevant discipline A minimum of fifteen (15) years of progressively responsible professional work experience in professions related to Customs Administration, Trade Facilitation, Transit, Administration of Rules of Origin, and Resolution of related Non-Tariff Barriers, at national, regional economic community, continental or international level
out of which eight (8) years should be at managerial level managing professional staff in support of or within a national, regional, continental, or international institution.
How To Send An Application For Director for Customs Administration (AfCFTA)
Send Your Application Via This Link
Closing Date: 8th March, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED