- The Career Counsellor will work under the guidance of the Director of Programmes and Advocacy at CCG.
- He/she will aid Refugees in building and developing their potentials and skills. To typically help Refugees evaluate their abilities and interests, overcome challenges and obstacles, and develop necessary skills necessary for their career and livelihood developments in the Country of asylum.
- Moreover, to assist Refugees in learning how to job hunt, including associated activities such as interviewing, writing resumes and crafting cover letters.
- The Career counsellor will be required to build and develop a strong network with the private sector in identifying job opportunities and advocate for placement on behalf of refugees either on internship or full time.
- The Counsellor will be required to further provide one on one or group counselling services to Refugees to help them excel in their career lives and livelihoods.
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree in Counselling or Industrial Psychology or Social Sciences
Strong skills in marketing, advocacy and stakeholder engagement
- Experience in providing counselling services to clients in career and livelihood development
- An understanding of human rights and humanitarian work
- Prior studies or work with refugees or related Work, development work (particularly in an urban setting) or related fields would be an added advantage
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to liaise with people from diverse socio/cultural and gender backgrounds.
Strong skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
How To Apply
All interested applicants are required to send a motivational letter and CV including all relevant certificates to CCG at email@example.com with a copy to UNHCR Accra Ghana at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ensure that the subject of the email is: Application for Refugee Community Center Career Counsellor Position
Closing Date: 19th September 2021
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED