CA Mining Advertises Latest Jobs for interested applicants for the month of November 2021
The position provides strategic leadership to the company’s Exploration business with the responsibility to explore, discover, evaluate, and make technical recommendations to the senior executive on the commercial exploitation of the country and regional metallic and non-metallic mineral resources to both sustain and provide growth options for the company business units.
Responsible for; Exploration Strategy and Safety, Exploration Leadership, Exploration Management, Mineral Resource Estimation and Resources and Reserves Committee, Executive Management Committee.
- Ensure execution of exploration technical and operational procedures and standards for the Exploration departments meeting industry best practice.
- Set the highest standard of Division and personal compliance with safety procedures as a role model for the Exploration Team and rest of company
- Ensure the safe operation of all exploration operations in compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, safety policy and procedures, and Exploration specific procedures
- Improve the Exploration safety performance and procedures on a continuing basis to meet the Exploration goal of zero harm.
- Ensure execution of effective strategy for the exploration of mineral resources
- This strategy is focused on three main areas
- Greenfield exploration for metallurgical bauxite, phosphate, gold, base metals and other minerals on existing exploration licenses
- Exploring for new near mine resources in mining licenses for existing or dormant production locations in bauxite, phosphate, gold, base metals
- Identification of new targets and acquisition of exploration licenses on prospective areas for the targeted minerals outside the company’s exploration licenses
- Develop, promote and execute the company’s exploration strategy as approved by the Board of Directors, President and CEO.
- Provide progress reports to the Board of Directors, President and CEO.
- Oversee exploration target generation, reconnaissance, targeting, testing, evaluation and ranking the mineral resources and opportunities inside and outside the company’s exploration licenses.
- Monitor and manage compliance with the annual exploration plan and budget while ensuring flexible response to changing exploration results and requirements.
- Ensure all exploration technical and operational activities comply with industry best practice.
- Ensure exploration data quality meets JORC Code 2012 requirements for Exploration results and of the Competent Person for the public reporting of Mineral Resources.
- Approve exploration projects, review economic assessments and make presentations to the Board on exploration business pan and projects as required.
- Comply with the company’s Stage Gate Governance Manual at applicable exploration project stage gates.
- Develop and manage systems for measuring and reporting exploration operational performance against annual performance and targets and longer-term exploration success measures
- Comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements governing exploration activities and report to the Board of Directors, President and CEO on compliance
- Identify and assess economic viability of prospects supported as needed by the project development teams in the business units and Corporate
- Maintain a database of the known mineral occurrences and exploration licenses in the country using company databases and personnel, Deputy Ministry of Mineral Resources, Geological Survey, and other sources of exploration information on the basis of the strategy approved by the management.
- Identify new targets and areas for acquisition of exploration licenses on prospective areas for the targeted minerals outside the company’s exploration licenses
- Identify joint venture or merger and acquisition opportunities in exploration properties and/or companies and conduct technical due diligence support in these activities as needed
- Submit regular reports on activities to the Board of Directors, President and senior management team.
- Review and edit exploration reports developed by subordinates for submission to executive and DMMR.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill (CA Mining Latest Jobs)
- B.Sc. in Geology or equivalent is essential; Advanced degree in geology preferred. A degree in a related commercial discipline desirable
- Masters or PHD would be advantageous
- Over 30 years’ experience in mineral exploration, resource development and mining geology for a top tier mining and resources company
- Must have a proven history operating at a Vice President Level
- International experience across multiple commodities is required with a track record of discovery.
- Experience in formulating policy and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources
- Extensive knowledge of the project development process, the stages of evaluation and the necessary interfaces that exploration has with the evaluation process
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent employment opportunity
- Residential, with family or bachelor status
- Globally competitive annual net remuneration
- Globally competitive benefits and incentive schemes
- Opportunity to lead a top ten globally ranked mining company
Application Process (CA Mining Latest Jobs)
Closing Date: Ongoing
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED