- AshantiGold FC relegated to division 2.
- Former Ghana Premier League champions AshantiGold has been demoted to division two.
- Reason being that the team was involved in manipulating a match last season.
- After a 10-month investigation on the issue of match fixture, the Disciplinary Committee of the Ghana Football Association has announced some appropriate sanctions taking effect on the football club and some members.
- It is quite unfortunate for the third most successful club after Hearts of Oak and Asante Kotoko to be reduced to such level.
- Dr Kwaku Frimpong, the club’s President and owner of Champion Divine Clinics, and his son have been sanctioned appropriately.
AshantiGold FC has being relegated to division 2. AshantiGold, the former Ghana Premier League champions, has been reduced to Division Two team after being found guilty of match fixing.
The Ghana Football Association Disciplinary Committee concluded that last season’s Ghana Premier League match between Ashgold and Inter Allies was manipulated after a 10-month inquiry and sanctioned all involved.
In Obuasi, Ashgold won the match 7-0. Hashim Musah, an Inter Allies defender, acknowledged to scoring two own goals on purpose to prevent a match-fixing conspiracy.
The club, which is Ghana’s third most successful behind Asante Kotoko and Hearts of Oak, has been downgraded to third-tier status and fined 100,000 Ghana cedis, commencing with the 2022/23 season.
Dr Kwaku Frimpong, the club’s president, and his son, Emmanuel Frimpong, the club’s Chief Executive, have been banned for 120 and 96 months, respectively, from participating in football-related activities. They have also been significantly penalized. Both Thomas Duah, the head coach, and Aidoo Gee Ahmed, the team manager, have been suspended for 24 months.
Stephen Owusu Banahene, Dacosta Ampem, Frank Akoto, Agyemang Isaac Opoku, Amos Kofi Nkrumah, Eric Esso, Moses Kwame, and Solomon Afriyie have each been banned for 24 months, while Samed Mohammed and Seth Osei have each been banned for 30 months.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED