How to get recruited into Ghana Immigration, Police and Prison Service without protocol.
Before you think of Joining any of the security services (Ghana Immigration, Fire, Police, Prisons Service), there are some basic things required that interested Applicants to do. This criteria cut across all the security services in General. (Take this seriously)
1. MEET THE BASIC REQUIREMENTS:
- You must be at least 18 years of age, a Ghanaian by birth with height of 5.8ft(Men) or 5.4ft(Women). (depending)
- Have six (6) Credits or passes (not less than Grade 6) at BECE, including English and Mathematics (Depending on the type of service)
- Have six passes (Not below Grade D7 or Grade C6 for candidates) at WASSCE, or the requisite credits/passes in respective trade qualifications from GES at Intermediate or Advanced Level. (Depending)
2. KNOW WHAT YOU WANT:
- Applying as an Officer (Degree holders),
- Applying as a cadet (Degree and masters holders),
- Applying as a professional (Driver, Tailor, Carpenter, Band etc),
- Applying as a sportsman(Footballers, Athletes, etc)
- Applying as a Recruit (WASSCE)
- Applying as a General Duty Officer. (WASSCE, Diploma)
3. HAVE ALL RELEVANT DOCUMENTS READY
It is important that potential officers of the security service get all the necessary documentation available for Application and screening. Without these documents, the security service might find it hard to process your application within the short period of time allocated for recruitment.
- Birth Certificate
- BECE Certificate
- WASSCE Certificate
- NVTI/HND/DEGREE/MASTERS Certificate (Where Applicable)
NOTE: Although there a a few things required from the above documents, It is best recommended that candidates get the original copy as it could be requested when they go for screening. (Also vital if you want to get recruited without protocol.)
3. MAKE SURE YOUR RECORD IS CLEAN:
Security officers are expected to act as role models in their communities, and any crimes committed prior to becoming an officer can disqualify you. Officer s must not have no criminal records .
4. DEVELOP A STRONG WORK BACKGROUND:
Having work experience helps prepare you for the long hours and strict requirements of a security jobs, and it also gives you an edge over applicants with no experience.
TIP: Consider taking a job that requires you to interact with the public. Officers need excellent communication skills.
And also remember, NVTI holders have a high acceptance rate than WASSCE holders so learn a trade while you wait.
5. KNOW YOUR COMMUNITY
Officers are a familiar sight around communities, they must practically know every corner within their communities, but in order to really understand what its like. Find Officer friends and ask questions and sometimes visiting the barracks to have a feel.
6. GET PHYSICALLY FIT:
Officers have to have quick reflexes, the ability to run short or long distances, the strength to chase, and sometimes the ability to even swerve bullets. You’ll have to pass a physical agility test to qualify, so start working out now to make sure you’re in your best physical shape.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on your favourite Service below to read more and apply;
- Ghana Police Service Recruitment
- Ghana Immigration Service Recruitment
- Ghana Prisons Service Recruitment
- Ghana National Fire Service Recruitment
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED