WEIR Minerals Ghana Calls For Job Applications. WEIR Minerals Ghana Is hiring a Process Engineer.
Kindly read the Job Description below to understand the nature of the job and associated qualifications.
The Process Engineer will be responsible for bringing the desired mill circuit process solution to customers by offering technical advice and support to minerals processing operations.
The position will be accountable for ensuring the high operational performance of the installed footprints on the existing customer sites and help address any efficiency issues whiles growing the Valves, Cyclones, Screens, and classification product range in the market. This position will ensure that end-users are provided with value-added solutions to reduce TCO (total cost of ownership) and by so doing an increase the share of the wallet.
The role will require effective planning and holding adequate stock levels of spare parts needed to ensure proper equipment maintenance, availability of installed base, and a healthy Aftermarket business.
This role is also responsible for ensuring safety compliance to mitigate risks and potential losses, selling services as an integral part of KPIs to ensure expansion and locking-in of customers through delivering maintenance, repairs, and integrated solutions.
RESPONSIBILITIES – WEIR Minerals Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- Provide technical support for Mill Circuit Products including; Cyclones and Dense/Heavy Media Separation Equipment, Valves for all application, Mineral Processing Systems, etc, both internally and externally.
- Compile technical proficient product offers for tendering departments, including selection and pricing.
- Full technical support and offering with the tendering department.
- Compile trial proposal documents for identified trial sites, as well as an assistant sales network in submission, justification, and follow-through
- Implement a product strategic plan.
- Gather market intelligence and competitor activity in the mineral processing industry.
- Technical product presentations to customers and industry players.
- After Sales market support and commissioning assistance on customer projects.
- Identify and develop new markets.
- Compile technical reports on products performance, upgrades, warranty, etc.
- Understand and interpretation of technical drawings, P&ID, etc.
- Grow and support product installed base in West Africa.
- Provide adequate customer usage and market data for effective stock keeping.
- Support Warehouse department to improve Working Capital and spare management.
- Adhere to HSE and Housekeeping requirements at the branch and customer sites.
- Adhere to the Duty of care policy at all times.
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc Metallurgical/Chemical/Materials Engineering.
- A technical qualification e.g. Process or Metallurgical Engineering role for a minimum of three (3) years on a mineral processing plant or involved in a similar position on a Project
- Valid driver’s license
- 3 years post qualification experience in a mining and mineral processing environment
- Exposure to and implementation of lean principles
- Exposure to process equipment selection tools
- Implementation and maintenance of the OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 standards
- Computer literate – Advanced MS Office Suite and ERP software
- Excellent business communication on all levels
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, including technical data
- Project management skills
- Ability to deal with difficult customers and respond promptly to customer needs
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities
- Ability to define and solve problems in a timely manner, including providing regular performance feedback
- Ability to work under pressure and according to tight deadlines within a very complex organizational structure
- Product promotion abilities – ability to sell product benefits to customers
HOW TO APPLY – WEIR Minerals Ghana Calls For Job Applications
CLOSING DATE: Ongoing
We take pride in providing a quality workplace and promoting equal opportunities for all. Interested candidates who meet the above minimum requirements are invited to apply.
If you have not heard from the Company 10 working days after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful
Weir has been in business since 1871 and our sustainability and success have been built on attracting, retaining, and developing exceptional people.
As a global company, we reflect the diversity of our customers in the diversity of our people and ensure everyone is given the opportunity to flourish regardless of their gender, race, beliefs, or background.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities across a variety of technical and business roles in engineering, manufacturing, and service locations worldwide.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED