Twitter Advertises New Employment Opportunity. Twitter is employing a Social Media Strategist.
As a Social Media Strategist, you’ll be responsible for the development and execution of an industry-leading social media strategy in West Africa, focused on Ghana and Nigeria.
Working in Twitter’s Global Social and Editorial team, you’ll need to be fluent in Tweets and have a strong POV on what does and doesn’t light up the timeline. Based in Ghana, you’ll have a strong understanding of local culture, interests, trends and conversations; but also have a good grasp on what’s around the corner to ensure we’re always looking forward. You’ll partner with the larger Global and Social Editorial team to bring a West African lens to the main verticals such as Sports, Gaming, Music, TV and Movies.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Twitter Advertises New Employment Opportunity)
- You’ll be responsible for building out robust social strategies that result in stand-out Tweets, stunts and activations that get people talking on-and-off Twitter.
- You’ll be focused on activations that are innovative, and ownable. You’ll be responsible for diving into insights with our analytics team, driving the social strategy for local markets and leading working groups against priority initiatives.
- You’ll work with our Social Ops and Editorial teams into production and launch; and work cross-functionally to follow through with results and wrap-up reports that will drive insights and learnings so that subsequent activations are even more successful.
- You DM the funniest Tweets to your friends before they go viral. You’ll bring knowledge of individual communities to projects and meetings. You speak memes fluently and know which Creators we should be collaborating with.
- Your wheelhouse of social media is grounded in the Twitter platform, but you’ll have experience working on social media platforms, including paid media and partnerships. The ideal candidate will need to to work concurrently, juggling multiple projects across different regions and time-zones.
- You’ll ensure that all editorial, campaign and brand level initiatives in social ladder back to overall strategy and relevant OKRs. You will be Social’s ambassador and point of contact for cross-functional stakeholders and represent Social in external-facing meetings with local agency partners. From an editorial standpoint, you will collaborate with the team on breakthrough campaigns and activations.
- Through your work, stories will shine on-and-off the platform, evolving from Twitter to IRL, and back to Twitter. A cohesive brand message will blossom from the handles, bringing Tweets to the forefront of every single thing we do.
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years proven experience in social media strategy and campaign work
- Market specific knowledge and experience
- Preference for a fast-paced and dynamic environment; a track record working across complex cross-functional teams
- Comfortable working autonomously
- Strong storytelling abilities; creative, out-of-the box thinking
- Ability to distill insights, generate creative briefs, manage creative, strategy, and reporting.
- Resourceful, attention to detail, and comfort offering solutions and clarity where there is ambiguity
- Deep understanding of the competitive landscape
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding teamwork and interpersonal skills; team-first mentality
- Passion for Twitter and knowledge of how the service works and how marketers use it
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
- Strong organisational, multitasking, and time management skills
- Experience on a Social Team is a plus
- Deep knowledge of the platform, cultural trends and conversations.
- Market specific insights; a strong understanding of cultural nuances and how Twitter is used in the region
- Integrated Marketing experience with a social-first perspective.
- Experience in leading a team or project through ideation, production, and wrap-up of social campaigns that live on-and-off Twitter.
- Paid media experience
Twitter Advertises New Employment Opportunity – HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date: Ongoing
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED